Iranian OOB

Anyone know of a decent source for a current Iranian OOB? I'm after something a
bit more fully fleshed out than the one I found on globalsecurity.org -- I'd
like to put some names to the Pasdaran units if possible -- and more up to date
than
the one in Command mag (1998) ... if anyone knows of a site I'd appreciate it.
Regards, Mike
--
Mike Kreuzer

hermann

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2004

> Anyone know of a decent source for a current Iranian OOB?
> I'm after something a bit more fully fleshed out than the
> one I found on globalsecurity.org -- I'd like to put some
> names to the Pasdaran units if possible -- and more up to
> date than the one in Command mag (1998) ... if anyone knows > of a site
I'd appreciate it.
> Regards, Mike

While not proper OOBs, you might want to take a glance at
two quite recent CSIS papers (same authors and largely the same text), if
you haven't already:

http://www.csis.org/features/0407_IransMilForces.pdf
http://www.csis.org/burke/mb/041208_IranDevMilCapMnRpt.pdf

I found it pretty interesting in terms of equipment and strength, although
not unit names.

Unfortunately, it would appear as if it is not possible to put names on the
IRGC units, as there is still disagreement about how many IRGC units there
are and how they are organized, as the globalsecurity.org OOB for IRGC
demonstrates.

From what I understand, the Pasdaran has since been reduced to paramilitary
security forces, with outdated equipment and cut to less than 50% of the
strength it had during the first Gulf War.

I hadn't seen that, interesting detail. Many thanks.
Regards, Mike