"Ireland's SOPA" to Be Debated Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
EMI does not deserve these rights; they WILL abuse them.
I give access to most media sites out there two weeks before they're all blocked.

Looks like the court system in Europe is just as broken and blind as that in the US.

G

"Dáil or Seanad (the lower and upper houses of Irish parliament, respectively)"

Youve got it the wrong way around. The Dáil is our upper house, the Seanad is our lower house...

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Every court system is fucked up. They put things in under the pretense that they know better even if the public vote against it. Good for the irish, a 20min journey across some water to england and they can view youtube again. Poor bastards.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]wobblesgrogan[/nom]"Dáil or Seanad (the lower and upper houses of Irish parliament, respectively)"Youve got it the wrong way around. The Dáil is our upper house, the Seanad is our lower house...[/citation]

Nope, pretty sure I have them right. The dáil is our house of representatives and the seanad is our senate.

wobblesgrogan

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Nope, pretty sure I have them right. The dáil is our house of representatives and the seanad is our senate.[/citation]

Whoops... your right!

Dunno what i was thinkin :)

poxenium

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
Corporations and governments are so worried about virtual stuff, that they don't see all the extremely urgent real-world problems which KILL hundreds of thousands of PEOPLE!
Take your hands off the Internet and fix the alarmingly increasing poverty instead!

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
[citation][nom]poxenium[/nom]Corporations and governments are so worried about virtual stuff, that they don't see all the extremely urgent real-world problems which KILL hundreds of thousands of PEOPLE!Take your hands off the Internet and fix the alarmingly increasing poverty instead![/citation]

You don't actually believe they are trying to fix problems, do you?

poxenium

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
[citation][nom]rawful[/nom]You don't actually believe they are trying to fix problems, do you?[/citation]
I just think they should ... Only they know what and why they are doing... but my best guess is that even they don't really know.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
I agree with you absolutely, they should. However, money > human rights and benefits to all governments and corporations on this planet that I am aware of.

leakingpaint

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
oh ffs - u dumb shit governments - this is how it starts! All these people complaining about illegal sites are multi millionaires what more do you want you greedy wankers?! Now you block an entire site because of a few people who download movies? Brain Drain much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS