[SOLVED] IRQL issues and random crashes

Oct 19, 2020
Hi all, hoping to get some advice on how to diagnose some issues I'm having with an old build.

7700k (no OC)
Asus ROG Strix Z270i
GIGABYTE AORUS 1080ti (No OC)
32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133mhz (No OC)
Corsair SF450 Gold PSU
Noctua NH-D15

I have started to get random shutdowns with no BSOD when playing Total War Warhammer 2. Temps of all my parts are good, and using HwInfo it looks like I'm not getting big voltage spikes. Running any sort of OC doesn't seem to affect the frequency of shutdowns either, but I've been running it stock since the crashes started to try and fault find.

I have also had a few BSOD's with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message when playing other games. I've tried running stress tests and benchmarks but no what sort of load I put on my system I can't recreate the issues until I'm in game.

Any advice or someone who knows how to read system logs would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

for future reference - https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270-I-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

for future reference - https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270-I-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Reactions: Jonway
Solution