• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

IRQL not less or equal blue screen help!

Sdbuilt_1

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
So I just installed windows 7 64 bit on a new complete system. I downloaded the MB driver and then I overclocked using AMD auto overdrive.

I have an AMD phenom II x4 965 black edition that I overclocked to just shy of 4GhZ. I also have the Kuhler 620 water cooler.

I downloaded all the rest of the drivers and had things working for a few minutes.

When I downloaded MSI afterburner and overclocked my graphics card within a minute or so I got a blue screen saying IRQL not less or equal.

I restored my BIOS to factory settings. I did this straoght from BIOS and did not uses the jumper on the MB. Still got the blue screen. Then I went into safe mode and uninstalled Afterburner and chose to not keep the settings. Still I get the blue screen.

I am running out of ideas.. Can someone tell me what to do next?

Sdbuilt_1

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Yeah as you can see in my original post I actually did all of that already. You basically just put my original steps that I already did in your own words. ;) It is ok though I figured it out. Believe it or not it was Avast 5.0 that I had just downloaded that did it. I do not recommend Avast 5.0 on Windows 7 64 bit unless you want the BSOD!