irql not less or equal new video card

Jim Gallagher

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
just installed new video card upgrading from evga 650 ti put in a gtx 980 ill play some games on max setting getting around 80-90fps and then it will just freeze or crash last video card was completely stable just updated to latest driver dosent help any tool i can download to analyze dump files and upload so someone who knows what there doing can help? was nothing in minidump folder

psu 750w
z87pro motherboard
4770k cpu
16gb ram
2 tb wd harddrive
gtz 980 ftw

Solution
Could be power supply issue if it's a cheap one, could be a bad video card, could be overheating. I doubt it's a software crash. Easiest thing to try is to do a clean Windows setup with clean driver setup and test it then. If it continues to crash, if you can find another computer that can run that video card, try the card in another system. If it works fine in the other system, try a different power supply.
Could be power supply issue if it's a cheap one, could be a bad video card, could be overheating. I doubt it's a software crash. Easiest thing to try is to do a clean Windows setup with clean driver setup and test it then. If it continues to crash, if you can find another computer that can run that video card, try the card in another system. If it works fine in the other system, try a different power supply.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS