Question IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

vitaminddd

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Keep getting this error msg on my computer

went through all of device mananger updating drivers

Is there anyway to pin point this problem its annoying me.

sorry if this is in the wrong area ?

One way to get info about the cause would be to look at the cryptic system event log. To get there go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Event viewer. Then look through the Windows logs -> System for events flagged ERROR.

vitaminddd

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
One way to get info about the cause would be to look at the cryptic system event log. To get there go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Event viewer. Then look through the Windows logs -> System for events flagged ERROR.

yeah just happened twice in short space of time the only thing i see is all info one warning which is

Certificate for local system with Thumbprint f9 f6 64 c3 95 73 02 32 08 31 7b 45 c2 fe f8 80 69 c0 5c 55 is about to expire or already expired.

Colif

Win 11 Master
SFC/DISM very rarely fix IRQ errors

1. Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

2. memtest isn't a bad idea, as it can be ram. Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

3. what motherboard do you have? (if its a brand name PC, what make/model since i doubt you know motherboard on them?) Windows isn't always best place to confirm you have latest drivers, as in device manager only looks at drivers that MS have, hardware makers may not have given them newer versions.

1 should give us more clues as to cause.

vitaminddd

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
SFC/DISM very rarely fix IRQ errors

1. Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

2. memtest isn't a bad idea, as it can be ram. Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

3. what motherboard do you have? (if its a brand name PC, what make/model since i doubt you know motherboard on them?) Windows isn't always best place to confirm you have latest drivers, as in device manager only looks at drivers that MS have, hardware makers may not have given them newer versions.

1 should give us more clues as to cause.

1 done just need to wait for crash now

2 found no errors

3 rog strix z390f

i got a 3xs system from scan and they run a load of tests on it before sending it out. So I have a feeling the problem is on my end somehwere but who knows maybe damaged in shipping.

vitaminddd

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
update

BSOD just got page fault in non pages area

uploaded minidump to here

https://ufile.io/8njtj

got loads going on in even viewer now lol

View: https://imgur.com/a/IVrX6cd

any help ?

Looking at event viewer its bugcheck The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffffffffffff8f, 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffff802050ec2f5, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\040819-9640-01.dmp. Report Id: b06cf2f2-e9eb-41d1-a096-4b0592e32623.

this is driver error right ? How do i know which one it is lol

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/yaqcZSUh

File information:040819-9640-01.dmp (Apr 8 2019 - 16:35:56)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: qmelt.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)

qmelt.exe is sometimes associated with malware/viruses. Do a virus scan with the free version of Malwarebytes. https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/ The latest version of Malwarebytes is known to have many false positives, so just because it finds something that doesn't necessarily mean you are infected.

The one thing that pops out to me in your screen shot is the WHEA error. This is often a hardware error.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
event viewer: even on a system with no problems, you will get warnings and errors. ONly ones you need to be worried about are critical and the only one on that screen was caused by the PC restarting unexpectedly which doesn't help us.

Details of the WHEA logger event 19 might help us.

BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffff8f, 2, fffff802050ec2f5, 2}
Could not read faulting driver name

ntkrnlmp = Part of windows kernel

try updating Wireless lan drivers, they are from 2016
oldest driver part of Asus AI Suite but unlikely to be a newer version. and the errors it is normally tied too aren't this BSOD.

qmelt is part of Shotcut

vitaminddd

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/yaqcZSUh

File information:040819-9640-01.dmp (Apr 8 2019 - 16:35:56)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: qmelt.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)

qmelt.exe is sometimes associated with malware/viruses. Do a virus scan with the free version of Malwarebytes. https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/ The latest version of Malwarebytes is known to have many false positives, so just because it finds something that doesn't necessarily mean you are infected.

The one thing that pops out to me in your screen shot is the WHEA error. This is often a hardware error.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

ye i done a virus scan and used malware bytes found nothing

event viewer: even on a system with no problems, you will get warnings and errors. ONly ones you need to be worried about are critical and the only one on that screen was caused by the PC restarting unexpectedly which doesn't help us.

Details of the WHEA logger event 19 might help us.

BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffff8f, 2, fffff802050ec2f5, 2}
Could not read faulting driver name

ntkrnlmp = Part of windows kernel

try updating Wireless lan drivers, they are from 2016
oldest driver part of Asus AI Suite but unlikely to be a newer version. and the errors it is normally tied too aren't this BSOD.

qmelt is part of Shotcut

yeah i went through my lan audio drivers uninstalled reinstalled.

I use shotcut to try force it to BSOD however over the past week I didnt get BSOD so was hoping it was fixed. It wasn't haha =[

Have you overclocked your system? These BSODs are common indicators of instability - unstable overclock.

ye i believe its overclocked all xs systems are i think. I was thinking of this as a last resort and reinstalling windows lol

vitaminddd

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
alas, its why I said relatively safely. I wish a utility built into windows to test drivers wouldn't break windows at same time.

everytime this happens I feel less inclined to suggest it again

yeah restore point failed too xD

Im now resetting while keeping personal files see if that works xD

vitaminddd

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
it just keeps getting better. Feels to blame even though its MIcrosoft's fault :)

Reset could get you all new drivers so maybe fix the BSOD - can only hope

haha i dont care dude I appreciate any help on the issue.

hopefully it will be fixed but i dunno I hate this computer loads swear nothing but ball ache. I guess I can say I've gained knowledge to shine a positive light on it.