irql unexpected value

IIIWtRIII

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Hi, last month I got a new Razer Blade and since then it has blue screened over 4 times with the irql unexpected value error. I don't know what's causing this and hope someone here can help me.
Thanks

Solution
I finally found the solution (for me). It's apparently related to certain motherboards, one of which my Alienware uses.

The problem is caused by the system file ndisrfl.sys (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndisrfl.sys). This file is used by a program known as "Intel(R) Technology Access Filter Drive". More information about this program is provided here:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/83226

The gist of that article is that this program doesn't seem to have any use (that I could find) on a computer without a touch screen.

Uninstalling "Intel(R) Technology Access Filter Drive" fixed the problem on my machine, and I haven't noticed anything that seems to need it.

Before you uninstall this program, it's recommended that you create...

Work KK

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

I'm getting the same issue, I can go to www.paypal.com BUT if I click login, instant IRQL Unexpected Value Blue Screen, ALSO on a New Razer Blade.

Tom Barrister

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
Good to know I'm not the only one having this issue. It started today, and it only happens when I go to Paypal's login page. It happens on Chrome, Firefox, and MSIE. Dell Alienware.

Going to Paypal's home page shows a mobile/WAP type page (a column of URLs-only, no graphics).

I tried on a different computer, and I'm able to login properly.

I did a System restore to 2 days ago, but it didn't solve the issue.

System File Checker (sfc /scannow) returned no errors, nor did Bitdefender, Malwarebytes or CCleaner.

The page loads normally in Safe Mode/Networking.

RyanKeon

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

I'm having the same issue on my new Razer Blade, have you figured out what is causing it to do that?

IIIWtRIII

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

No, I dont have clue. Guess Ill just use my desktop to view Paypal...

Aaqib_Usman

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017

Also on new razer blade here!

Tom Barrister

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
I finally found the solution (for me). It's apparently related to certain motherboards, one of which my Alienware uses.

The problem is caused by the system file ndisrfl.sys (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndisrfl.sys). This file is used by a program known as "Intel(R) Technology Access Filter Drive". More information about this program is provided here:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/83226

The gist of that article is that this program doesn't seem to have any use (that I could find) on a computer without a touch screen.

Uninstalling "Intel(R) Technology Access Filter Drive" fixed the problem on my machine, and I haven't noticed anything that seems to need it.

Before you uninstall this program, it's recommended that you create a restore point, so that you can go back if there are problems.

Solution

anthony_kc_chong

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017

Yes razor blade 2017 and PayPal login page on chrome crashes my laptop

Liorel

Prominent
May 28, 2017

I am having this same problem, I haven't been able to find that Access Filter program on my computer, any idea what I can do? It's ONLY with PayPal login.

Liorel

Prominent
May 28, 2017
The solution of uninstalling "Intel(R) Technology Access Filter Drive" didn't work, because it's not one of the programs on my computer.

I found this as an option on a Reddit page, someone suggested this program to check what your BSOD is coming from:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.zip

The program seems to be pretty useful, look for the "Caused by Driver" and Google that result to find the source of your problem. I'm in the middle of downloading that driver (for me it was my network adapter) and manually reinstalling it.

Here is the thread, a lot of people seemed to have found it useful:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3fg3lq/getting_a_bsod_multiple_times_since_win10_upgrade/cto9jzs/

After going through a lot of work I was able to narrow it down to my network driver. I happen to have a PCIe WiFi adapter, though I've been using Ethernet, so I was able to unplug my Ethernet and confirm that the PayPal login page does work on WiFi. I uninstalled and reinstalled my Ethernet adapter, and now everything seems to be working.

Hope this helps.