IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL assistance needed

Jcorey88

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
I am having this issue and downloaded WhoCrashed to create a report. can someone assist me?

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: CHUMBLE-PC
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: Aurora-R4, Alienware, 07JNH0
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 8539815936 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 8/7/2016 4:52:37 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080716-28671-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x142940)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFD000618ABB30, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803D0097150)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 8/7/2016 4:52:37 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFD000618ABB30, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803D0097150)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

----

Please go to this link for the minidump file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGlAFZxA0-RZmF3MUdOMXlqYWs/view?usp=sharing

Solution
oh, the bugcheck was cause when something tried to access several registry keys from the hard drive, this caused a fault, then the fault handler also faulted and crashed the system. generally you see this with overheating or older hardware and drivers.
the hardware hits a error that the old driver does not know how to handle and the system crashes.

I would try to update the two intel storage drivers first then run crystaldiskinfo.exe and see if the drive is having problems.

these next two driver could be the cause of your bugcheck:
I would update the drivers from your motherboard vendors website, you should also check to see if you can get a BIOS update at the same time.

old versions of Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver...

Colif

Win 11 Master
i added extra tag to post, someone might notice it. I can't read dumps and who crashed report not very informative.

Check Dell web site for PC and see if any new drivers for your hardware, as most BSOD caused by driver errors. Have you installed any new drivers recently?

Jcorey88

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
Okay thanks. All drivers are up to date. Still having issue every now and then

oh, the bugcheck was cause when something tried to access several registry keys from the hard drive, this caused a fault, then the fault handler also faulted and crashed the system. generally you see this with overheating or older hardware and drivers.
the hardware hits a error that the old driver does not know how to handle and the system crashes.

I would try to update the two intel storage drivers first then run crystaldiskinfo.exe and see if the drive is having problems.

these next two driver could be the cause of your bugcheck:
I would update the drivers from your motherboard vendors website, you should also check to see if you can get a BIOS update at the same time.

old versions of Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys Wed Oct 12 13:29:51 2011
old version of Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) Filter driver
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorF.sys Wed Oct 12 13:28:40 2011
if you can not find a update you can try getting these directly from intel's website.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs) (i would remove this driver)
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys Wed Oct 18 10:34:14 2006

the sleep problems could be caused by these drivers or a bug in the BIOS you currently have installed.
(or a bug in the apple drivers you have installed, but update the BIOS if you can)

machine info:
Vendor Alienware
BIOS Version A03
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 02/08/2012
Manufacturer Alienware
Product 07JNH0
Version A00
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Processor Voltage 80h - 0.0V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz