IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen while gaming

Jun 7, 2018
Hello, I've just gotten a blue screen with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I was playing Path of Exile and my temps were fine, I'm just wondering what could be causing the crash, looking online its likely to be a driver issue but I don't know how to go through the dmp files to find out which drives is causing it if that's the case.

Here's the mini-dump file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsv0jfotk55guxf/060718-7281-01.dmp?dl=0

Thanks in advance for the help.

I should have specified that this is with Windows 10.

damnbuoy

Reputable
Jun 6, 2018

Try disabling windows Fast boot from Power options.

damnbuoy

Reputable
Jun 6, 2018

the fast boot partially shuts down your pc more like it hibernates it and it helps your pc to boot faster. As the pc isnt shutdown completely/properly is messes up with drivers and causes problems like BSODs.
Additionally reading up on hibernation I found the hiberfil.sys uses 75% the size of RAM on the disk.

Jun 7, 2018

I've turned it off and restarted my PC. There haven't been any crashes since the one while playing Path of Exile, though I haven't played anything since. Hopefully I don't run into any more crashes. Just out of curiosity, did you go through the dump file and find anything? I'm not sure how it works or what kind of stuff it has inside.

damnbuoy

Reputable
Jun 6, 2018

is it still crashing while playing that particular game?
if yes try other games or stress test your CPU GPU and RAM.
sorry but i also dont know what the mumbo jumbo they contain inside xD

Jun 7, 2018
is it still crashing while playing that particular game?
if yes try other games or stress test your CPU GPU and RAM.
sorry but i also dont know what the mumbo jumbo they contain inside xD

Unfortunately I don't have much more time to play today, I'll hop on and make sure everything is fine tomorrow. Hopefully someone who knows how to navigate the dump file will let me know if there's any specific problems with drivers or hardware.

Thanks for pointing out the quick boot thing, not sure how much it helps seeing as I have an SSD.