IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Blue Screens every 2-3 hours

Wayhi124

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Hi,

Recently I've been having a problem where I get a blue screen every 2-3 hours. The error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I've looked into it using BlueSreenView and it says the cause is ntoskrnl.exe. Does anybody know why this might be happening and what the solution is?

Minidumps are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i9dobqrt0dftsl/030417-5890-01.dmp?dl=0

Thanks,

James

UPDATE: I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic but it said there was nothing wrong.

Solution
IRQ errors are driver related (and sometimes memory) so I would go check either motherboard makers web site (if PC is custom made) or Maker/model (if its a brand name or laptop) and make sure you have latest drivers for PC.

New Technology Operating System Kernel (ntoskrnl) is Windows, its not cause, it just gets the blame if error happens on its side of the transaction between it and a driver.

I can't read dumps but you could read the instructions here and run driver verifer - its built into windows - and once it bsod, as it will, run bluescreenview again and see what driver it blames

Note: driver verifer may put you in a boot loop, so download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on...

Colif

Win 11 Master
IRQ errors are driver related (and sometimes memory) so I would go check either motherboard makers web site (if PC is custom made) or Maker/model (if its a brand name or laptop) and make sure you have latest drivers for PC.

New Technology Operating System Kernel (ntoskrnl) is Windows, its not cause, it just gets the blame if error happens on its side of the transaction between it and a driver.

I can't read dumps but you could read the instructions here and run driver verifer - its built into windows - and once it bsod, as it will, run bluescreenview again and see what driver it blames

Note: driver verifer may put you in a boot loop, so download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB before hand, if you don't have one already. Don't worry, its just a boot disc and I only seen 1 person get a boot loop from driver verifer, so this is just a friendly advisory :)

Solution