[SOLVED] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD errors during gaming

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
I ran WhoCrashed to check the bsods and here is what it shows: View: https://imgur.com/a/1wCiK8v

In the conclusion section in WhoCrashed it said "6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found."

I got the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD error after about 30min-1h of playing VRchat in VR, after that when my PC restarted and I got on the same game in VR I played for over 2 hours straight with no bsod then I had to exit the game myself.
I got the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error after exactly 30 minutes of playing Battlefield 4 on maxed out settings in 1440p.

I'm running the latest bios. (version 3204)
I ran:
-Cinebench R23 multicore which was a 10 minute test and got no bsod.
-Memtest86 for 45 minutes and got no errors.
-Windows Memory Diagnostic and it detected no errors.

Please help.

Last edited:
Solution
Uh oh: https://lian-li.com/product/pc-o11d-rog/
The side doesn't support 140mm radiator sizes, only the 120mm... so side mounting the Kraken X62 is a no-go there.

I have a suggestion in lieu of that, and it is a bit crazy - but sometimes, stuff just works.
Top intake: Kraken X62
Rear exhaust: 120mm
Side exhaust: 3x 120mm
Bottom intake: 3x 120mm

Colif

Win 11 Master
Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop

Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows

Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

What ssd/hdd do you have?
what are rest of specs of PC apart from CPU/RAM/MB? dumps will show some of it but not all.

Reactions: Flame1

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop

Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows

Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

What ssd/hdd do you have?
what are rest of specs of PC apart from CPU/RAM/MB? dumps will show some of it but not all.
Here is a google drive link to the minidump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QkfuE_0_bMuMU5cmszJFfwKaC7VykW-4/view?usp=sharing

Here are the full specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
RAM: Corsair RGB Pro 4x8GB @3200MHz
MOBO: Asus X570 ROG Crosshair Ⅷ Hero
PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ
HDDs: 2x 1TB WD Blue
SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB, Corsair MP510 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB ⠀

I'm not sure if that gonna be any useful, but apart from the xmp profile on the ram to make it run at advertised speeds, I'm running everything stock with no overclocks at all.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/f9qujy58/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:022321-10187-01.dmp (Feb 22 2021 - 21:02:44)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:022221-10234-01.dmp (Feb 22 2021 - 02:56:10)
Bugcheck:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: asusns.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 35 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:021721-9218-01.dmp (Feb 16 2021 - 19:21:29)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:111820-9812-01.dmp (Nov 18 2020 - 04:42:47)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

File information:081720-9968-01.dmp (Aug 17 2020 - 09:00:39)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-hero-model/
You have recently updated to the latest BIOS.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: digitalgriffin

Colif

Win 11 Master
I guess we can probably ignore the 2 crashed from 2020? if not, the 4th crash was caused by GPU drivers which you have since replaced

might want to update these
Sep 12 2012btwsecfl.sysBroadcom Bluetooth IT Manager Filter driver (Broadcom Corporation)
Jun 22 2016btwusb.sysBluetooth USB Device driver (Broadcom Corporation)

which drive has Windows on it?

lets try running chkdsk on the boot drive
open command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk c: /f
and press enter
2 paragraphs will appear, agree to run it at restart
restart PC to let it run

Another possible fix is recreate the page file
right click This PC and choose properties
on next screen, on the left, choose Advanced System Settings
go to advanced tab and click Performance
go to advanced tab & under Virtual memory, click change
untick Automatically manage paging files for all drives
w27qzI4.jpg

choose No paging file and click set, ok
restart PC
then follow same steps again and reset it to automatically managed.

That might fix some of the problems as it should have moved page files location on the drive.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
I guess we can probably ignore the 2 crashed from 2020? if not, the 4th crash was caused by GPU drivers which you have since replaced

might want to update these
Sep 12 2012btwsecfl.sysBroadcom Bluetooth IT Manager Filter driver (Broadcom Corporation)
Jun 22 2016btwusb.sysBluetooth USB Device driver (Broadcom Corporation)

which drive has Windows on it?

lets try running chkdsk on the boot drive
open command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk c: /f
and press enter
2 paragraphs will appear, agree to run it at restart
restart PC to let it run

Another possible fix is recreate the page file
right click This PC and choose properties
on next screen, on the left, choose Advanced System Settings
go to advanced tab and click Performance
go to advanced tab & under Virtual memory, click change
untick Automatically manage paging files for all drives
w27qzI4.jpg

choose No paging file and click set, ok
restart PC
then follow same steps again and reset it to automatically managed.

That might fix some of the problems as it should have moved page files location on the drive.

Yeah just ignore the other crashes, I'm only concerned about the ones that happened this month.

So with the bluetooth drivers, I can't update them. If I go into device manager and right click and update on bluetooth, it does "update" but then when I launch SteamVR, my basestations won't turn on and it starts updating my bluetooth drivers on the PC (the basestations require bluetooth to turn on). If I don't let that happen then SteamVR doesn't turn on the basestations which makes it impossible to go in VR, so every time I "update" those drivers, I get reverted back to those other ones by SteamVR.

I have windows installed on the Samsung 970 Evo Plus

I ran chdsk, restarted the PC, it checked the drive and then when it restarted again it said "scanning and repairing" for 2 seconds before it went into windows, I'm not sure if it did anything though.

I recreated the page file by following the steps that you provided too.

I will need to do some testing to see if that fixed the bluescreens I was getting in VR and battlefield, but so far I noticed 1 difference, right after the sign-in screen on windows my monitors would blink black 2 times and go back to normal (which lasted 2-3 seconds max), now after following those steps that's gone, the monitors don't do that anymore. I have no idea how that could have been related though.

Thank you, will come back with an update.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So with the bluetooth drivers, I can't update them. If I go into device manager and right click and update on bluetooth, it does "update" but then when I launch SteamVR, my basestations won't turn on and it starts updating my bluetooth drivers on the PC (the basestations require bluetooth to turn on). If I don't let that happen then SteamVR doesn't turn on the basestations which makes it impossible to go in VR, so every time I "update" those drivers, I get reverted back to those other ones by SteamVR.
they might be okay, its just that any driver older than 2015 generally isn't a windows 10 driver so I suggest updates when i can

should be a newer version of Icue, current version is 3.37.140

I wonder what this is (not saying its a problem, just not seen it before. I see lots of dumps)
Jan 21 2019imaucxhpal.sysMA-USB (UCX) HPAL driver

Jan 21 2019iwigig.sysWiGig MAC driver (Intel)
2nd one tells me what they are, Intel WIFI

is this the WIFI version of the motherboard?
already confusing enough you have intel or realtek lan to choose from. Not sure which you use.
you might want to run this and see if it offers any updates - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
can update realtek lan here, 3rd link down under windows header = https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
I have seen the logitech drivers cause errors recently/

just picking out possible causes.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
they might be okay, its just that any driver older than 2015 generally isn't a windows 10 driver so I suggest updates when i can

should be a newer version of Icue, current version is 3.37.140

I wonder what this is (not saying its a problem, just not seen it before. I see lots of dumps)
Jan 21 2019imaucxhpal.sysMA-USB (UCX) HPAL driver

Jan 21 2019iwigig.sysWiGig MAC driver (Intel)
2nd one tells me what they are, Intel WIFI

is this the WIFI version of the motherboard?
already confusing enough you have intel or realtek lan to choose from. Not sure which you use.
you might want to run this and see if it offers any updates - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
can update realtek lan here, 3rd link down under windows header = https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
I have seen the logitech drivers cause errors recently/

just picking out possible causes.
I have the newest version of icue now, I think the most recent 2 bsods (out of the 5 that ive sent) I have gotten while I already had the newest icue version.
I believe that the MA-USB (UCX) HPAL driver is for the 3 usb dongles I have plugged in for the 3 VR trackers that I use: What’s inside the box? (vive.com) I might be wrong though.
As for the Intel WIFI, I do not have the Wi-Fi version of the motherboard but that comes from the Pcie card that I have in my pc, I use that to be able to run the VR headset wirelessly. Here is a link so that you can see what I mean: VIVE | Setting up the Wireless Adapter
I ran the intel driver support assistant and it said that no supported driver or software updates are available for my system.
I updated the realtek drivers earlier today from my motherboards website so I think I'm up to date with that.

Thanks for looking into possible fixes for me, I really appreciate it, as of right now I will still have to test and see if I still get a bsod whenever I have some more spare time.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
After doing the above, try again and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, try going to Steam and "verify integrity of game files" of the games giving you errors, if that doesn't fix it then I suggest that you disconnect ALL devices that are not necessary to test with. start with external devices, just leave in power, video out, keyboard, mouse and test on a game that has been giving errors AND that doesn't require internet access and disable your internet connections.

See what happens, if if you still have these problems, disconnect all internal devices (as well) that are not necessary to test (be careful with any thermal pads on NVMe drives) and see what happens.

Good luck.

PS: There are known USB issues with the 500 series of chipsets.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I believe that the MA-USB (UCX) HPAL driver is for the 3 usb dongles I have plugged in for the 3 VR trackers that I use: What’s inside the box? (vive.com) I might be wrong though.
I did see Vibe mentioned in my travels

try running magician on the Samsung drive, run the diagnostics - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

the usb issues do mention VR.
But don’t worry, a flagship GPU isn’t a necessity. A mid range GPU and a few high bandwidth devices, like external hard drives, external capture devices, or VR headsets and tracking stations seem to do the trick just as well. And it’s not just the high bandwidth device that will experience the issue, anything connected to the same system can be affected, including internally connected devices like CPU coolers -- which is a very serious issue.

Some workarounds have been found by the community. The first port of call: turning off "c-states" in the BIOS. It won’t carry a penalty, and it can halve the frequency of disconnects. But if that doesn’t work, your remaining options are to switch from PCIe 4.0 to PCIe 3.0 or to go through the BIOS and disable every USB port/header you’re not using. Doing all three will stop the disconnections for most people, but not for power users. Streamers with a capture card, microphone, webcam, and the usual batch of peripherals are out of luck, basically.
https://www.techspot.com/news/88695...nnectivity-issues-x570-b550-motherboards.html
I don't have enough USB items to have noticed it.

but I don't have any indication this is VR related, it might not be. Not everyone with the gear has the problem, a mod here uses it all on his PC and doesn't have issues. There are so many possible gear combos its hard to nail down, hence why no one noticed it until recently.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
I did see Vibe mentioned in my travels

try running magician on the Samsung drive, run the diagnostics - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

the usb issues do mention VR.

https://www.techspot.com/news/88695...nnectivity-issues-x570-b550-motherboards.html
I don't have enough USB items to have noticed it.

but I don't have any indication this is VR related, it might not be. Not everyone with the gear has the problem, a mod here uses it all on his PC and doesn't have issues. There are so many possible gear combos its hard to nail down, hence why no one noticed it until recently.

I ran a full scan on my samsung drive but it hasn't detected any issues, everything blue with not a single red dot.

Before I upgraded my gpu (12th February) I had a 1080Ti and I don't recall having any bsods running games like Horizon Zero Dawn and VR titles for hours and just as a side note, the main reason I upgraded was because with the 1080Ti I was struggling to keep 45fps in VR.
I don't have any USB issues with my motherboard, all the usbs work perfectly fine for me. The only 2 things that changed before I started having all those bsods were on the 12th Feb when I got the new gpu and a modmic wireless.
The bsods seem to only happen in games that stress out the gpu and cpu, I never got any bsod while on desktop, browsing through webs, working on photoshop and playing low demanding games like cs go and gta 5, I can even leave the pc on overnight with one of those games open and get no bsod.

I don't understand how it works, are the minidump files showing that the reason for the bsods is in USBs?

Also do you think it's a good idea if I try to reinstall my gpu drivers? if so what's the best way to do so?
When I was changing my gpu I ran DDU to remove all the drivers and shutdown, then I put in the new gpu, installed geforce experience and then through geforce experience I updated the GPU drivers to the latest, since then I haven't touched the gpu drivers.

I'm still yet to test the pc on demanding games after doing all the things you suggested before, gonna try to do that later today.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if/when you crash, please give us new dumps. One might even help.

I don't understand how it works, are the minidump files showing that the reason for the bsods is in USBs?
no, i only mentioned that as Thejoker had, it isn't obvious what cause is and no mention of USBXHCI which would make me think it was USB. 2 of them look like operations on C drive, its why I went with that angle.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
if/when you crash, please give us new dumps. One might even help.

no, i only mentioned that as Thejoker had, it isn't obvious what cause is and no mention of USBXHCI which would make me think it was USB. 2 of them look like operations on C drive, its why I went with that angle.
Okay so this is a strange one now, I ran the 3DMark Timespy Stress test and got 97% pass with no bsod, after a few hours later I got on VR, played VRchat for an hour and had no bsod, then right after that I launched The Forest in VR, played for like 20min and got a bsod. This bsod gave me a different error message though, it was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Here is the dump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18i4tM2atNgY6zyS1RUBX0M9GpsVN51FA/view?usp=sharing

Upon reboot, on the "American Megatrends" screen it said "CPU Overtemperature error"
Now this goes back to another very recent thread I made about my cpu running too hot with the gpu upgrade, I thought it has been solved though as the temps went down quite a lot compared to where they have been spiking up to after doing all the things people suggested..
[SOLVED] - Ryzen 9 3900X hits 80°C+ while playing Wolfenstein The New Colossus | Tom's Hardware Forum

I'm lost right now, I have no idea if this is the main cause for all those bsods, or its part of a completely different issue unrelated to the other bsods.
When I had the irql_not_less_or_equal bsod while playing battlefield 4, my cpu was only at about 72c whilst the gpu was 70c.
When this new bsod happened, I don't really know what the temps were at the exact moment, because I haven't been monitoring them closely when I started playing the forest, but 20min earlier when I was playing vrchat I have been looking at the temps very frequently and the max cpu temp I saw was 67c.

I really wish things just worked when I upgrade a part in my pc, always got some issues 😔

I have the newest version of icue now, I think the most recent 2 bsods (out of the 5 that ive sent) I have gotten while I already had the newest icue version.
As for the Intel WIFI, I do not have the Wi-Fi version of the motherboard but that comes from the Pcie card that I have in my pc, I use that to be able to run the VR headset wirelessly. Here is a link so that you can see what I mean: VIVE | Setting up the Wireless Adapter
I ran the intel driver support assistant and it said that no supported driver or software updates are available for my system.
I updated the realtek drivers earlier today from my motherboards website so I think I'm up to date with that.

Thanks for looking into possible fixes for me, I really appreciate it, as of right now I will still have to test and see if I still get a bsod whenever I have some more spare time.

This might be part of the USB errors AMD have been having.

Over 80C is possible on the Ryzen 3900x (I have one) When it starts getting above 80C it starts to throttle it's boost slowly. I tamed it with a Artic Cooling 280mm. Even with Prime95 it stays pretty cool. The max it got was 84C with all threads running. Running Unigen Heaven benchmark for 1 day straight, the highest it got was in the low 70's.

My recommendations:

Dump iCue. It's trash. It has even BSOD'd my intel laptop. And it sucks up a serious amount of CPU time. I got it two years ago for my Corsair K90 and dumped it. I haven't haven't looked back since even though I lost the programmable keys. (Side rant: I'm kind of mad at Corsair for writing such trash for such an expensive keyboard. They lost me as a customer after that.)

Try to stick all your VR and accessories on separate USB port hubs. Sharing/Chip port splitting port hubs with VR has been known to cause issues on AMD hardware as well. What was happening was some USB ports share 1 USB Controller Chip and the chip "Multi-task" switching between ports. It has been known to create issues in some modes.

If you are out of blocks, try to get a USB 4x4 card. It will have 4 USB controller chips for 4 USB Ports and will use an PCIe X4 interface. It should be obvious when you look at the card if it has 4 controller chips. If you have problems picking one out, let me know.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have a headache tonight but i see what i can think of

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
RAM: Corsair RGB Pro 4x8GB @3200MHz
MOBO: Asus X570 ROG Crosshair Ⅷ Hero
PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ
HDDs: 2x 1TB WD Blue

So when I launched Wolfenstein The New Colossus I noticed that my fans ramped up and became quite loud, so I checked the temps and saw that my CPU usage is jumping around 40% and the temperature is around 67°C however it kept on jumping for a second to much higher temperatures, I even saw it hit 88°C at one point, then after 5 more minutes I got a Blue screen, when my pc restarted I went into bios and changed the cpu voltage from auto (at auto it was showing 1.46v) to 1.3v.

so its an 011 dynamic, where is the radiator? intake or on roof? it can make a difference to temps.

2 people mentioning USB problems. It could be but dumps aren't leaning in that direction. I have seen BSOD caused by USB recently but not in this thread. It was before I found out about the X570/B550 USB problem.

I will see what Gardenman finds in dump files.

Last edited:

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017

so its an 011 dynamic, where is the radiator? intake or on roof? it can make a difference to temps.

2 people mentioning USB problems. It could be but dumps aren't leaning in that direction. I have seen BSOD caused by USB recently but not in this thread. It was before I found out about the X570/B550 USB problem.

Yeah O11 Dynamic XL
heres the full setup fans and rad:
View: https://imgur.com/a/DGoQoeG

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017

All the fans are running at 1200RPM (Corsair LL120) pump is running at 90-100% and the radiator fans (2x 140mm the rad is a 280mm) are running at 50% minimum, 80% at 80c.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So when you play, all the heat from your GPU gets blown into radiator before exiting case... I wonder why CPU gets so warm in there.

The radiator should be intake on side of the case, it gets cool air from outside and the heat it pushes into case isn't as high as you might expect. if you don't believe me, watch the video. Card type like yours adds 10c to CPU temps just by having the radiator in roof of the case.

heat can cause all sorts of errors.

my intake is a 240 mm aio with 2 x ML120 on it, and their speed is based on liquid temps. normally below 1k
exhaust is 3 x 140mm.. i don't need this many but its not hurting.

I don't play that many games but max I seen is around 80c in stress tests. I only have a 3600Xt & a 2070S

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would replace the 3 x 120 on side and put the 280mm rad there, and use 2 of the 120mm fans as exhaust in roof. You might see better temperatures since CPU getting cool air from outside of the case.

3 intakes at bottom are fine and won't be blowing hot air from gpu into radiator if its on side, only out of case where it belongs.

Last edited:

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
i would replace the 3 x 120 on side and put the 280mm rad there, and use 2 of the 120mm fans as exhaust in roof. You might see better temperatures since CPU getting cool air from outside of the case.

3 intakes at bottom are fine and won't be blowing hot air from gpu into radiator if its on side, only out of case where it belongs.
Alright, I can actually fit 3 120mm fans at the top, the only issue is Im pretty sure I cant mount the aio tubes down because the gpu is too long and the tubes are too short (ofc im saying this because the gamers nexus vid about mounting aios). If the tubes do turn out too short, Im gonna mount it tubes up higher up on the side so that the tubes coming out of the aio are higher than the pump as jayztwocents showed in this video:
View: https://youtu.be/DKwA7ygTJn0

I trust what you say.
I just have one queston about mounting the aio on the side as intake, should the fans on the radiator be pushing the air through the radiator mounted on the back or pulling the air from it mounted on the inside?

I apologise in advance if I take longer to respond and try things out, currently in the process of moving houses so my pc isnt even plugged in.

Thanks again to you and everyone here trying to help out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have linked @Phaaze88 in as he helped in last thread. I am not sure about the size of the case or how long tubes are for AIO. that is a good Jayz video, cleared up lots of confusion caused by people not understanding Steve's video. I wasn't sure myself until I watched it :)

From videos I have watched, it doesn't make much difference if fans are in push or pull. So its up to you. Mine are pull inside case since they are rgb, i can see them through window.

its your thread, you reply when you can :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Uh oh: https://lian-li.com/product/pc-o11d-rog/
The side doesn't support 140mm radiator sizes, only the 120mm... so side mounting the Kraken X62 is a no-go there.

I have a suggestion in lieu of that, and it is a bit crazy - but sometimes, stuff just works.
Top intake: Kraken X62
Rear exhaust: 120mm
Side exhaust: 3x 120mm
Bottom intake: 3x 120mm

Last edited:
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
blink... do you need the intakes on the bottom? doesn't make sense to have air coming in top and bottom, better to have it flow in same direction surely? the air from 3090 can only really go one way if its got 2 x 140mm blowing at it?

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
This might be part of the USB errors AMD have been having.

Over 80C is possible on the Ryzen 3900x (I have one) When it starts getting above 80C it starts to throttle it's boost slowly. I tamed it with a Artic Cooling 280mm. Even with Prime95 it stays pretty cool. The max it got was 84C with all threads running. Running Unigen Heaven benchmark for 1 day straight, the highest it got was in the low 70's.

My recommendations:

Dump iCue. It's trash. It has even BSOD'd my intel laptop. And it sucks up a serious amount of CPU time. I got it two years ago for my Corsair K90 and dumped it. I haven't haven't looked back since even though I lost the programmable keys. (Side rant: I'm kind of mad at Corsair for writing such trash for such an expensive keyboard. They lost me as a customer after that.)

Try to stick all your VR and accessories on separate USB port hubs. Sharing/Chip port splitting port hubs with VR has been known to cause issues on AMD hardware as well. What was happening was some USB ports share 1 USB Controller Chip and the chip "Multi-task" switching between ports. It has been known to create issues in some modes.

If you are out of blocks, try to get a USB 4x4 card. It will have 4 USB controller chips for 4 USB Ports and will use an PCIe X4 interface. It should be obvious when you look at the card if it has 4 controller chips. If you have problems picking one out, let me know.
Dumping icue is kinda tough, I control not only lighting for my motherboard, keyboard, ram and fans but also the speed of those fans from that software (I bought a commander Pro to be able to do so) I do see what you mean with it using up the cpu though, my cpu boosts up to 4 GHz a lot more when I have icue running in the background on desktop, idle temps are higher too. I already had everything on separate usb ports.