[SOLVED] irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

Nov 3, 2020
Hello everyone, I am getting a BSOD while playing a newly released game named Genshin Impact. My system is otherwise stable when I am not playing the game. After researching a bit I was able to get the dmp file results which I will post below.

Thank you for your help, I'm not really sure how to address the issue. Dmp link below

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmI2usjM5vvgVPYNM3r03qrl9cf?e=Xztoxl

Last edited:
Reactions: xenthia
Solution
bugcheck occurred in the video subsystem when directx was cleaning up its memory and tried to free the memory address 0.
this could be a bug in the game. it could also be a bug in your graphic drivers that are from 2015.
it is a old machine, you might check the windows updates and the windows update advanced options to see if it finds a update for your graphics drivers.

two copies of a overclock driver:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\OverDrive\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Oct 29 17:58:36 2013
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014
you should delete both of these . this tool can be used to delete the driver:
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

bad news...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/vx0623qa/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:120720-84296-01.dmp (Dec 7 2020 - 03:34:04)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: GenshinImpact.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed. (Not unusual on laptops).

Comment: The overclocking driver "AODDriver2.sys" was found on your system. (AMD Overdrive)

Comment: @Colif, investigate this new driver, might have something to do with crash:
Oct 12 2020mhyprot2.sysAnti-Cheat driver (Genshin Impact?)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/4840;-;
It appears you have the latest BIOS already installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

bugcheck occurred in the video subsystem when directx was cleaning up its memory and tried to free the memory address 0.
this could be a bug in the game. it could also be a bug in your graphic drivers that are from 2015.
it is a old machine, you might check the windows updates and the windows update advanced options to see if it finds a update for your graphics drivers.

C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\OverDrive\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Oct 29 17:58:36 2013
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014

bad news if a driver is loaded out of a temp directory:
C:\Users\janell\AppData\Local\Temp\mhyprot2.sys Mon Oct 12 00:04:57 2020

another suspect program:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NoteBook FanControl\WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 06:29:37 2008
Just a very old program.
-------------
for a old machine like this you might also just want to blow the dust out of the fans. Any overheating can cause the timings to change in the electronics.

machine info:
achine ID Information [From Smbios 2.7, DMIVersion 0, Size=1766]
BiosMajorRelease = 0
BiosMinorRelease = 0
FirmwareMajorRelease = 0
FirmwareMinorRelease = 0
BiosVendor = Insyde Corp.
BiosVersion = V2.07
BiosReleaseDate = 12/23/2013
SystemManufacturer = Acer
SystemProductName = Aspire V5-552
SystemFamily = Type1Family
SystemVersion = V2.07
SystemSKU = Aspire V5-552_080E_2_07
BaseBoardManufacturer = Acer
BaseBoardProduct = Dazzle_RL
BaseBoardVersion = Type2 - A01 Board Version
3: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 2096
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD A8-5557M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Update Status = REG_DWORD 0
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

Solution
Nov 3, 2020
Thanks for response and sorry for the long reply I was studying for my exam that time anyway, is it safe to uninstalled the AMD overdrive I heard that if uninstalled the AMD caused system to bsod.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020

bad news if a driver is loaded out of a temp directory:
C:\Users\janell\AppData\Local\Temp\mhyprot2.sys Mon Oct 12 00:04:57 2020

another suspect program:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NoteBook FanControl\WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 06:29:37 2008
Just a very old program.
-------------
for a old machine like this you might also just want to blow the dust out of the fans. Any overheating can cause the timings to change in the electronics.

machine info:
achine ID Information [From Smbios 2.7, DMIVersion 0, Size=1766]
BiosMajorRelease = 0
BiosMinorRelease = 0
FirmwareMajorRelease = 0
FirmwareMinorRelease = 0
BiosVendor = Insyde Corp.
BiosVersion = V2.07
BiosReleaseDate = 12/23/2013
SystemManufacturer = Acer
SystemProductName = Aspire V5-552
SystemFamily = Type1Family
SystemVersion = V2.07
SystemSKU = Aspire V5-552_080E_2_07
BaseBoardManufacturer = Acer
BaseBoardProduct = Dazzle_RL
BaseBoardVersion = Type2 - A01 Board Version
3: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 2096
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD A8-5557M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Update Status = REG_DWORD 0
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD
I have found something weird I remove one of my ram to test it out surprisingly The bsod gone but when I add the ram again it's back to having bsod again idk I played a lots of game like csgo , valorant and minecraft i didn't have bsod, only this game cause this game my pc to freeze

Also I uninstalled Overdrive and Notefancontrol but still the problem accruing i ran some memtest and found nothing I cleaned my fan and do some repasted But still nothing maybe my Graphics card can't handle any modern AAA games this day ??