[SOLVED] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (BSOD)

imicek

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hey, I'm currently having an issue with random bluescreens that occur for some unknown reason.
This is the error from the bluescreen: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I've tested my RAM with memtest86 and got 0 errors, I think It's not a hardware issue, I believe it might be a software one, not sure which one though.
It has started a few days ago (maybe windows update cuz I haven't done anything that might've triggered this issue, I've only changed some settings inside the Nvidia control panel, which should be fine).
For some reason, the toolbar on the desktop sometimes freezes, and the notification panel as well, but right-click works until a file explorer needs to open - it opens like after 3 minutes or something like that, I have to restart my PC, and then it works just fine.
Also, this happens with the steam overlay in-game, that settings that allows the overlay to display is always turned on, but sometimes it just doesn't work (that actually might be a steam issue, or is it?).
My CPU temps are absolutely fine, less than 80°C while gaming - the highest was I think 78°C while playing Far Cry 5 with everything set to Ultra after few hours of playing.
Last week I got my new GPU 3080 Ti Gainward Phoenix which was spiking to 81°C while loading games, I overclocked it a bit in MSI Afterburner and set fans to 100% if the temps reach more than 80°C, 80% if temps reach more than 70°C and I think It works fine now, gaming with less than 75°C in longer sessions on Far Cry 5.
The worst thing is that this always happens when I'm streaming + playing CS:GO - both CPU and GPU temps are around less than 70°C while playing for a longer period of time and it just randomly crashes (yesterday after 4 hours of streaming, today twice in 2 hours).
I hope I've explained everything that needed to be said and thanks to everyone for any help that I can get. <3

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution