[SOLVED] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs - Driver cannot be Identified (ntoskrnl.exe [nt+0x3F71D])

Sep 18, 2021
Hello internet.
I have been troubleshooting my SO's rig for the past few months and have no been able to solve this issue on my own. His computer with crash most commonly during Unity games, but will also crash during Youtube/Word/just idling. We have ran sfc with no errors and memtest with no errors. We uninstalled Kapersky and switched to BitDefender and still issues. Hopefully someone else will have better luck than me. He is about ready to throw his PC in a canyon.

All drivers in Device Manager are up to date. We are running Windows Updates for the 2021 09 at this moment but it has been an issue so long I doubt that will solve it.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.50 GHz
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
OS Build 19042.1165
Windows 10 Home
Radeon RX 5700

Mini dump here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FV2ui3Y2FWfjhQi4ll72G7VyWAg36Xlx

WhoCrashed:
On Sat 9/18/2021 4:09:04 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091821-11718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F71D0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFF87068F9F111A, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF807808EBF01)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug. This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 9/18/2021 4:09:04 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2+0x72CA)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFF87068F9F111A, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF807808EBF01)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug. This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out. The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 9/6/2021 10:04:45 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090621-11171-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0x80000003, 0xFFFFF8003533ABC8, 0xFFFFA906954A6C60, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 8/30/2021 9:14:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\083021-5968-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF9F80E2308D50, 0xFFFF9F80E2308CA8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 8/21/2021 9:20:33 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082121-7906-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFCD00459BEA60, 0xFFFFCD00459BE9B8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 8/15/2021 8:48:20 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082021-15296-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA0 (0x10E, 0xA, 0xE16B, 0xADAA)
Error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error. This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue). The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Solution
dxgmms2.sys = DirectX
Almost everytime I see that its the GPU drivers

try running DDU in safe mode and doing a clean install of AMD GPU drivers,

I will ask a friend to look at others, he is away this weekend but might be back on Sunday

if they all show same memory address and one links to DirectX error, I could guess they all caused by same driver. AS its not normal otherwise.

Colif

Win 11 Master
dxgmms2.sys = DirectX
Almost everytime I see that its the GPU drivers

try running DDU in safe mode and doing a clean install of AMD GPU drivers,

I will ask a friend to look at others, he is away this weekend but might be back on Sunday

if they all show same memory address and one links to DirectX error, I could guess they all caused by same driver. AS its not normal otherwise.

Solution

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/m9sfdr4q/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:091821-11718-01.dmp (Sep 18 2021 - 16:09:04)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:12 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:090621-11171-01.dmp (Sep 6 2021 - 10:04:45)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:6 Day(s), 12 Hour(s), 49 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File information:083021-5968-01.dmp (Aug 30 2021 - 21:14:59)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 54 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:082121-7906-01.dmp (Aug 21 2021 - 09:20:33)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atc.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: CompatTelRunner.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 12 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File information:082021-15296-01.dmp (Aug 15 2021 - 20:48:20)
Bugcheck:INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (A0)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450 steel legend/
You are using BIOS version 2.9 There might be an update for you. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Bitdefender caused one of the crashes... which is odd. Uninstall it until we figure out causes.

GPU drivers caused top 2
3rd crash looks like a USB device maybe? USB Audio

I think I seen these cause errors recently and would fit into the USB Audio crash above
un 02 2020Focusriteusb.sysFocusrite USB ASIO driver
Jun 02 2020FocusriteusbAudio.sysFocusrite USB ASIO driver
Jun 02 2020FocusriteusbSwRoot.sysFocusrite Audio Engineering driver

Sep 18, 2021
Hey guys appreciate the work! We have been out for work the last few weekends so haven't had time to test it fully.

I did a fresh install of GPU drivers in safe mode.
The blue screens occurred before the Focusrite was added to the system as well but I am not surprised if they are causing issues.
We uninstalled his previous anti virus (Norton or something equally crash causing) and replaced it with Bitdefender a while ago so I am equally surprised to see it causing a crash.

I will try the bitdefender removal when possible and will report back if the crashes continue.

TRENDING THREADS