IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in Windows 10

thiendman

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Hello, every one out there. I was playing a game, nothing that was intense, and twice so far I received a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen of death. I can use the computer normally without any BSoD, i.e. using internet, and microsoft word. I looked around on the forums and online, but couldn't find anything to really help me out. I just build my new computer and it was working for 2 days than the 3rd day it just crashed randomly. I have WhoCrashed log.

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 8/1/2015 1:56:34 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080115-22265-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14D220)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x78A1895F466, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800B244FF8C)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 8/1/2015 1:56:34 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x78A1895F466, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800B244FF8C)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 8/1/2015 9:44:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080115-25906-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14D220)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x7201, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801AE1B3DA6)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

Some Specs that might help:
Window 10 64bit home
16gb DDR3 1600 MT/s
EVGA GTX 980 Ti
i7-4790k
Corsair ATX 80 - 750 Watt

Solution
you would have to put the actual memory dumps on a server and post a link.
Ie copy the files from c:\windows\minidump directory
and the file c:\windows\memory.dmp
to a server an post a link so they can be looked at.
you have to copy the files from the directory to a public server like microsoft onedrive, media fire or google docs, mark the files as public and then post a link to the files.

thiendman

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
note: you could also turn off the nvidia streaming software until you get a updated ethernet driver installed.

the minidump shows memory corruption in afd.sys. This is a microsoft networking component, I would be looking at your network adapter driver as the most likely cause of this problem. The process running was the nvidia streaming network service.

best guess would be to update your intel ethernet adapter driver to a current version:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d64x64.sys Thu Aug 29 16:55:45 2013

most likely that the nvidia streaming software exposed a bug in the intel ethernet driver that led to a memory corruption in the microsoft AFD.sys driver (winsock and tcp/ip support)
go here and get the current version (all the drivers were updated this month)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4978#dl

machine info:
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name Z97X-UD5H-BK
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz
BIOS Version F6
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 06/17/2014

thiendman

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015

Every time I try to update the intel ethernet adapter driver I end up getting blue screen saying DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

turn off verifier functions.
start cmd.exe as an admin then run
verifier.exe /reset

this should let you install the updated driver.

your system is having some sort of sleep problem.
you should update the BIOS and add the custom windows 10 drivers.
bios update for Lenovo G50-80
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds102231
also pick up the windows 10 driver updates for the machine:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-G-Series-laptops/G50-80?linkTrack=Homepage:Body_Search%20Products&tabName=downloads

see if you still get a bugcheck, if you do you should start a new thread. people often don't look at threads that are marked as solved.

Quijanoj

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016

Hello, I have same issue, who will check the problem, I mean, when you say they, your refer to whom?

in this case "they" refers to the memory dump. I look at them when I can and I answer the questions I have by reading the info in the memory dump rather than having to have you attempt to describe yours system and what is running. It is listed in the memory dump anyway.

you have to post your own thread and include info and a link to the memory dump. Very few people bother to actually look at the memory dumps. I take a look if i happen to see them and have time. It generally only takes a few minutes to get a idea of the problem. the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is pretty generic so each memory dump should be looked at to get a good idea of the cause of the problem otherwise most people just apply generic solutions such as update the
BIOS, motherboard drivers and test your memory with memtest86.
(most of the time one of the three will work other times you have to look at the name of the failing driver to figure out the cause, IE look at the memory dump)

alexzafish

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011

Hello, I just installed a fresh Windows 10 and after a periodt of time I get a BSOD, the minidump is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4N_DQWkJ-hYLTJMa1R1aTB3elU/view?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance for evan reading this!

therealjop

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

Hey a friend of mine just finished building his computer and after a few days we started having this problem (IRQL), here's my link to the minidump and the memory.dmp file is in the same folder, I'd appreciate any help! Also what application would you use to view these types of files if you don't mind me asking?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8NSw7KDx19Qd3JxMDlMVXVrdzA?usp=sharing

Nemanja97

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2015

Please save me!
Fresh install of Windows 10 1511
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 640
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GT730 2GB
4GB DDR2 RAM
Crashed 3 days after Windows installaton and hasn't crashed for 2 days now.
I do not use the latest GPU driver because it BSoD's even more with different error codes.

MINIDUMP: https://www.mediafire.com/?2ktblfubhawymhs