irql_not_less_or_equal ntoskrnl.exe BSOD screen on win10 x64

wartune

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Hi all,

I got my first BSOD on windows 10 and cant seem to find out why so i try this with the community.
first eng is not my native and i have spellings issues so that sad off to go lol.

any of u can point me in a direction to look for i have made a mini dump of the BSOD but for me it seems to general to pinpoint a solution. so any help in this is appreciated.

to download the minidump click here

please be aware that when this problem is solved the minidump file cant be downloaded anymore

tanks for helping

wartune (aka Robin)

Solution
the problem with the old OpenHardwareMonitor.sys is that it can corrupt kernel data that belongs to any driver in the system.
Only some drivers check for data corruption and call a bugcheck. Other drivers just assume their data does not get modified and just use the modified data.
Also, since windows loads the drivers in different orders, different data will get corrupted on each boot. If your system is set to sleep you can go days before a bugcheck. if you reboot often you may not see a bugcheck.

you can start cmd.exe as an admin and run
verifier.exe /standard /all
and reboot
and it will check your drivers for common bugs. Not much point because people have already seen the various problems and Isolated the cause to this...
this driver called some networking routines with a null memory address, this caused a network driver to bugcheck.
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\adgnetworktdidrv.sys
(i would remove the it, maybe run malwarebytes scan , if it is adware or look for a network driver update or program update if it is a ad blocker.)

you might want to remove this driver:(very old, likely to cause BSOD)
J:\OpenHardwareMonitor\OpenHardwareMonitor.sys Sat Jul 26 06:29:37 2008

machine info:
BIOS Version 5.43

BIOS Release Date 09/10/2009

Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
Product Name FL359AA-ABH m9470nl
Manufacturer PEGATRON CORPORATION
Product Benicia
Version 1.01
Processor ID 7a060100fffbebbf
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 1333MHz
Max Speed 2666MHz
Current Speed 2666MHz

wartune

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
hi tnx for the reply , the driver u mentioned (adgnetworktdidrv.sys) is a guard driver

Copyright
Copyright (C) Performix LLC 2015

Publisher Insoft LLC
Product Adguard for Windows
Original name adgnetworktdidrv.sys
Internal name adgnetworktdidrv.sys
File version 5.10.0.51
Description Adguard TDI network driver
Signature verification Signed file, verified signature
Signing date 3:38 PM 6/2/2015
Signers
[+] Insoft LLC
[+] GlobalSign CodeSigning CA - G2
[+] GlobalSign
Counter signers
[+] GlobalSign TSA for MS Authenticode - G2
[+] GlobalSign Timestamping CA - G2
[+] GlobalSign

i dont think the openhardware monitor is the one to blame because its only on a particulair game that the bsod pops up.
the game is named was thunder its from steam and i am not the only one with bsod`s from that game if i have to believe google/

so i deleted the whole game sinds thats the only program that gave me the bsod.
the problem is that as the launcher of that game loaded it checks for updates of the game and poof there is the bsod.

the problem with the old OpenHardwareMonitor.sys is that it can corrupt kernel data that belongs to any driver in the system.
Only some drivers check for data corruption and call a bugcheck. Other drivers just assume their data does not get modified and just use the modified data.
Also, since windows loads the drivers in different orders, different data will get corrupted on each boot. If your system is set to sleep you can go days before a bugcheck. if you reboot often you may not see a bugcheck.

you can start cmd.exe as an admin and run
verifier.exe /standard /all
and reboot
and it will check your drivers for common bugs. Not much point because people have already seen the various problems and Isolated the cause to this particular driver.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS