Question irql_not_less_or_equal OR page fault in nonpaged area

luka_krsul

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
Hi guys,
recentlly i started getting random BSODs with one of these errors. Does anybody know how to fix it?
My pc specs are: Intel i5 6400, Gigabyte h110m-ds2, RX 580 8gb, 8 GB ddr4, 120Gb ssd, 1tb hdd.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what version of windows?

If 10, Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Majority of time, those 2 can be caused by drivers. We see what they show.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://swankiersurprise.htmlpasta.com/

File information:040320-8203-01.dmp (Apr 3 2020 - 07:38:48)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: LogonUI.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-DS2-rev-10#ov
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You have version F2 installed and the latest is F24. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

luka_krsul

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://swankiersurprise.htmlpasta.com/

File information:040320-8203-01.dmp (Apr 3 2020 - 07:38:48)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: LogonUI.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-DS2-rev-10#ov
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You have version F2 installed and the latest is F24. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
Thank you for your response! You have linked to the correct motherboard. I have just updated my BIOS for the first time today and I haven't had BSOD ever since.

gardenman

Splendid
On rare occassions a BIOS update will fix the problem, but it's rare. It's only been an hour, so don't be surprised if you continue to crash. Upload new dump files if you crash again so we can review them.

If (and only IF) you crash again, go ahead and update this driver:
Nov 19 2013athuwbx.sysQualcomm Atheros WiFi driver

luka_krsul

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
After more than 24 hours without BSOD , it happened again. Now I can't even get into windows, it reboots just after mbo's logo shows up.

EDIT 1:For the first time it says what faild: ACPI.sys.

EDIT 2: Ntfs.sys failed

EDIT 3: doesn't even boot from usb, last time this happened I had to install linux and then it would boot from usb so I could set up windows

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
EDIT 3: doesn't even boot from usb, last time this happened I had to install linux and then it would boot from usb so I could set up windows

Have you tried unplugging PC, and hold power button on PSU down for 20 seconds to discharge it, let it sit for about 20 minutes to make sure, then plug it back in again and see if it works right.
other option is remove CMOS while PC is unplugged. It would reset bios settings.

acpi.sys is power... It is the one that supports the power management as well as the Plug and Play or PnP device enumeration
ntfs.sys is the new tech File system driver.. its difficult to find out the exact use oif the file as NTFS is the file system windows uses on its hdd. That fact makes discovering the actual purpose of this file difficult as searches just find things like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS

just to be sure. Try making this on another pc as it creates a USB - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

luka_krsul

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
Have you tried unplugging PC, and hold power button on PSU down for 20 seconds to discharge it, let it sit for about 20 minutes to make sure, then plug it back in again and see if it works right.
other option is remove CMOS while PC is unplugged. It would reset bios settings.

acpi.sys is power... It is the one that supports the power management as well as the Plug and Play or PnP device enumeration
ntfs.sys is the new tech File system driver.. its difficult to find out the exact use oif the file as NTFS is the file system windows uses on its hdd. That fact makes discovering the actual purpose of this file difficult as searches just find things like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS

just to be sure. Try making this on another pc as it creates a USB - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Tried unplugging, cleared CMOS, ran memtest with 0 errors, tried friends RAM and still doesn't work. Someone said that it could be PSU issue. I don't understand, is it is a driver issue shouldn't it be resolved after resetting bios and reinstlling windows?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
My pc specs are: Intel i5 6400, Gigabyte h110m-ds2, RX 580 8gb, 8 GB ddr4, 120Gb ssd, 1tb hdd.

what Make/model PSU have you got?

Power supplies can cause BSOD, as they can inadvertently cause corruption in other devices by not supplying clean enough power, or simply not enough,. The behaviour of not wanting to start again makes it appear it could be the PSU. PSU are just difficult to test, its why in most cases we test everything else 1st until we have no other choices. Motherboard/PSU are the last 2 steps in most cases.

luka_krsul

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
what Make/model PSU have you got?

Power supplies can cause BSOD, as they can inadvertently cause corruption in other devices by not supplying clean enough power, or simply not enough,. The behaviour of not wanting to start again makes it appear it could be the PSU. PSU are just difficult to test, its why in most cases we test everything else 1st until we have no other choices. Motherboard/PSU are the last 2 steps in most cases.
My psu is: seasonic ss-520gb 520w
Voltage from bios:
CPU Vcore - 1.188 V
CPU VCCSA - 1.068 V
DRAM Channel A/B Voltage - 1.212 V
+3.3 V - 3.383 V
+5 V - 5.040 V (or 5.070 V)
+12 V - 12.384 V (or 12.456 V)
CPU VAXG - 0.012 V

luka_krsul

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
View: https://youtu.be/be4EhMZDGcU

Here is a little video so you can see what is happening.

First I tried to boot into Windows from my ssd (I don't get that "automatic repair" screen that often). If I try to boot with USB that has Windows on it, same thing happens.

Second, I tried to boot into ubunto from my USB, as you can see it is just black screen (same thing when I try to boot into Linux mint). Before I posted this thread I had a same problem, but I could boot into Linux and from there I reinstalled Windows, but now, (after BIOS update?) I can't.

At the end you can see my BIOS settings.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Automatic repair only happens every 3 failed boots.

Are you using boot override in the Save * exit screen of bios?
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-h110m-ds2(ddr3)_e.pdf - see page 34. It should auto boot from USB then?
in the boot option screen, it should be pointing at ssd that has windows on it, even though it doesn't work right now. Boot overrride ignores the normal boot order for one time, and then uses it again next boot.

Look at your choices in the BIOS tab under WIndows 8/10 features, You have Other OS set, can you see a header for Secure boot as its not mentioned in the old BIOS manual and might be reason it won't boot USB now.
that black screen is odd.

Colif

Win 11 Master
kernel panics.. linux?

Kernel panics are generally caused by an element beyond the Linux kernel's control, including bad drivers, overtaxed memory and software bugs.
A panic may occur as a result of a hardware failure or a software bug in the operating system. In many cases, the operating system is capable of continued operation after an error has occurred. However, the system is in an unstable state and rather than risking security breaches and data corruption, the operating system stops to prevent further damage - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_panic

now if linux won't work, its serious as it runs on potatoes.

I don't know linux but there are a few around here who do, I show them error and see if it helps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
https://askubuntu.com/questions/625846/live-usb-kernel-panic-error

The most common reason for such cases is that the bootable USB disk is not readable - either because the hardware is failing, or because it was not written properly, or the image was corrupted during download.

luka_krsul

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
it would be the ideal way to find cause (taking it to a shop, I mean)
Hi, I've just got a call from service, apparently RAM and SSD were the problem, I didn't get much more info. I am now wondering why my PC didn't boot into Windows with another RAM and why did my SSD work normally on my other PC...