[SOLVED] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL solution?

Dec 18, 2020
First of all, english is not my native language so please, forgive my ignorance.

I recently update my system with a new ryzen 5 5600x and an ASUS TUF Gaming x570. I've been getting this error since the begining, the first one when I was installing the MOBO drivers.

I've tried a lot of possible solutions and nothing seems to work (mem and drive tests, driver verifier, chkdsk,... you name it).

Edit. quick note. I had to update the BIOS drivers in order to make the ryzen 5 works, is the latest listed on the asus webpage, version 3001

I had read some post in this forum about the same topic and I think you need the minidump so.. here there are:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QJj70IRt6PoGnrlLiA-Y7ZC80mcJ3ujl

This is what WhoCrashed show me:

System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-5HBJHHK
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 8664, level: 25
12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
RAM: 17086181376 bytes (15,9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sat 19/12/2020 0:18:53 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121920-11828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5210)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFB0, 0xFF, 0x91, 0xFFFFF800576647E6)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 19/12/2020 0:18:53 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8209)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFB0, 0xFF, 0x91, 0xFFFFF800576647E6)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 18/12/2020 19:10:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121820-10640-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5210)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF7E, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80711EC32C9)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
over all I would guess you have something overwriting memory that it does not own. This causes the driver that does own the data in memory to crash.

do the update for the motherboard chipset drivers. I don't know if it will help.
but you should do it.
you also need to scan your drive to see if windows live has tried to debug your machine.
if so you should put up the memory dump from that debug session.
(scan for *.dmp files on your system and look for any that are being reported back to microsoft)

after the chipset driver update, I would go to verifier as the next attempt at catching the problem.

basically, you want to turn off any fast boot function you might have, then make sure you know how to boot up into safe mode. This is...
it does look like your motherboard has a update to the network driver and audio driver
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA
------------
also go to windows->settings->update and secruity->windows update->view optional updates->driver updates
and see if windows has detected any problem and wants you to install a new driver.
(maybe for a monitor or audio/mic device)
------------------
you do have a plug and play device
DISPLAY\AUS272B\5&13164bba&0&UID33029
PnpProblemCode : 24
(device not present or not working)

assume it refers to asus 272b monitor like vg27wQ

also have overclock software:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys Thu Sep 19 03:45:31 2019

try to fix the device that was not working and see if that helps.
------------
second bugcheck was in network code unrelated to the first bugcheck
the driver was your network driver:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys Fri May 24 01:47:02 2019

and the plug and play was complaining about a this device.
DeviceId : SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{5bd8d054-6102-496f-832d-1aa07739d6d7}

you should look up this device maybe a microphone? or audio device?
not sure why plug and play would show problems with different devices on each bugcheck.

--------------
0: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3693
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 25 Model 33 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD
0: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 3.3, DMIVersion 0, Size=3010]
BiosMajorRelease = 5
BiosMinorRelease = 17
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 3001
BiosReleaseDate = 12/04/2020
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = System Version
SystemSKU = SKU
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
BaseBoardVersion = Rev X.0x

if fixing the plug an play issues does not help, then you should change your memory dump type to kernel, then wait for the next bugcheck and upload memory.dmp file which will include the info on plug and play ,internal errors and show what was running on each CPU core at the time of the crash.

Dec 18, 2020
Thanks a lot for your response!

I've update windows and install a couple of updates.

Monitor drivers installed for mi vg27wQ .

Reinstalled audio and network driver, I already had the one you mentioned. And regarding to this, I only get the error under two circunstances, one was installing new drivers (sadly, I don't remember wich) and the other is playing Destiny, an online game. I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 with no problems whatsoever (If you don't count the ones for the actual game hahahahaha).
So, my bet is in the network driver. Maybe I should try another instead of "rt640x64.sys" ?

MSI Afterburner was used just to monitor performance, no OC was made. But I can delete it no problem.

Regarding "DeviceId : SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{5bd8d054-6102-496f-832d-1aa07739d6d7} " I don't really know what to do, my mic and headphones seem to be installed correctly.

I will let you know if it crashes again, I had change the dump to kernel mode.

Thanks again.

Edit. I just had another crash while playing Destiny :(

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QJj70IRt6PoGnrlLiA-Y7ZC80mcJ3ujl?usp=sharing

The new one is labeled "121920-60609-01.dmp"

Edit. Added a couple more, in one of them it says something about dxgmms2.sys

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020
I had a new BSOD, this time it says "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". Added the dump to my drive.

Edit. While uploading the new dump I had another BSOD... T.T

No dump for it, I don't know why, but it says : DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL and sometjing about "Wdf1000.sys"

Last edited:
over all I would guess you have something overwriting memory that it does not own. This causes the driver that does own the data in memory to crash.

do the update for the motherboard chipset drivers. I don't know if it will help.
but you should do it.
you also need to scan your drive to see if windows live has tried to debug your machine.
if so you should put up the memory dump from that debug session.
(scan for *.dmp files on your system and look for any that are being reported back to microsoft)

after the chipset driver update, I would go to verifier as the next attempt at catching the problem.

basically, you want to turn off any fast boot function you might have, then make sure you know how to boot up into safe mode. This is key since when you turn on verifier functions it may bugcheck at the boot up and then you will have to turn them off by going into safe mode and running verifier.exe /reset.

how to turn on verifier functions. start windows, open up a cmd.exe as an admin then run
verifier.exe /standard /all
then reboot your system.
on the next boot these functions will check each driver for doing things that is not allowed. (like writing out of its assigned memory locations) when verifier detects a programming error it will bugcheck your system and create a memory dump file that can be looked at and will name the driver that did the write.

after the memory dump is made, if you can get into windows (if you have time before it crashes) you run
verifier.exe /reset
then reboot again and it will turn off all of the functions.
if windows does not stay up long enough for you to run the command then you have to get into safe mode and run the command.

--------------------------
will take a look at the other buchecks to see what happened and maybe we can see a trend.
----------
(I look at the most current bugcheck first)

windows called some power management function to check performance
that function called AMDPPM.sys that called some other power management function
then all of a sudden there is a call to a intel USB extension.
USBXHCI.sys (microsoft version) two more USB calls then a bugcheck.

the USB system tried to access a bogus memory location of 170

I would install the amd chip set drivers from here:TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA
in the hopes it replaces usbxhci.sys. this file generally should match the bios version.
I would also go into windows device manager, find the USB devices and right click on them to bring up the properties, look for a power management tab and
tell the computer not to turn them off to save power.
I just think there is some bugs in the power management functions right now on AMD cpus.
---------------
second bugcheck was similar to the first,
windows power mangement calls amd power management, then USB xetensions. then a usb DMA call
then a crash where it tried to run the memory address 40.

the USB dma call is interesting.
------------
third bugcheck was due to something writing the number 30 over the top of some windows directx
data, causing the graphics driver to crash.
-----------
4th bugcheck looked like some kind of bogus address being read by the cache manager
(address was 191)
-----------
next bugcheck was the system was picking which cpu core to run some thread on and it bugchecked.
--------
last bugcheck was in network code, trying to access a bad memory address

-----------
1: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3693
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 25 Model 33 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

1: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 3.3, DMIVersion 0, Size=3010]
BiosMajorRelease = 5
BiosMinorRelease = 17
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 3001
BiosReleaseDate = 12/04/2020
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = System Version
SystemSKU = SKU
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
BaseBoardVersion = Rev X.0x

Last edited:
Solution
Dec 18, 2020
After a lot of testing I've decided to go back to my old mobo an cpu, and so far is runnig ok.

So the problem is either on the CPU or the MOBO... maybe the BIOS drivers, but I have the latest, so I don't know.

I'm going to RMA both of them, and probable start looking for another MOBO becuase I think is the source of the problem.

For more details on the testing:

MemTest86: No errors
OCCT: BSOD at 3 minutes. Second time, the test crashed at 2 minutes, but no BSOD.
Furmark: Running one hour with no issues, graphics card peak at 65ºC.
Aida64 CPU stress-test (trial version): BSOD at 15 minutes or so.

If someone have any ideas of whats happening...

Anyway, thanks everyone for your time!

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
After a lot of testing I've decided to go back to my old mobo an cpu, and so far is runnig ok.

So the problem is either on the CPU or the MOBO... maybe the BIOS drivers, but I have the latest, so I don't know.

I'm going to RMA both of them, and probable start looking for another MOBO becuase I think is the source of the problem.

For more details on the testing:

MemTest86: No errors
OCCT: BSOD at 3 minutes. Second time, the test crashed at 2 minutes, but no BSOD.
Furmark: Running one hour with no issues, graphics card peak at 65ºC.
Aida64 CPU stress-test (trial version): BSOD at 15 minutes or so.

If someone have any ideas of whats happening...

Anyway, thanks everyone for your time!
Im having the same kinda issue where my pc gives BSOD at every windows update and at windows boot 1 time a day. Bsod started for me after i bought new CPU and MB. I did all kind of tests i know, got a new cpu from rma and i still get BSOD. Sent my motherboard 2 times for RMA and they say it works perfectly fine. Waiting for my mb to arrive to test components one by one.. atleast you know thats its either CPU or MB. Try to switch CPU only if compatible to see if you'll get BSOE again.
Make sure you tested your pc long enough with your old CPU and MB before pointing the new CPU/MB.