irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 BSOD

rhale1488

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Hello,
So I built my friend a pc with some used, and some new parts. I set up everything, installed windows 10 and installed all needed drivers. While my buddy was on it, it crashed and a blue screen popped up saying irql_not_less_or_equal. It has done it several times since and usually happens after a bit of use. So I had him install whocrashed and send me a screenshot.

Screenshot: http://

I suspect it has something to do with the RAM or a bad driver but I am unsure which, and what actions to take.
Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Motherboard: asus m5a97 r2.0
CPU: AMD 6300
GPU: GTX 960
RAM: 8gb
PSU: Corsair CX650M

Solution
start with him booting from a usb stick running memtest. have him make sure the mb has the newest bios on it and he got the newest chipset drivers from amd web page. use hardware info have him check the power supply 3 power rails make sure there holding within atx spec. the last issue on those older mb is weak or failing vrm. try blowing cold air on the mb see if it stays running.
start with him booting from a usb stick running memtest. have him make sure the mb has the newest bios on it and he got the newest chipset drivers from amd web page. use hardware info have him check the power supply 3 power rails make sure there holding within atx spec. the last issue on those older mb is weak or failing vrm. try blowing cold air on the mb see if it stays running.

Solution

rhale1488

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

I bought the motherboard off a friend, and he had no problems with it. I will try your suggestions though, thanks.

rhale1488

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

Everything including drivers and bios is up to date, and the power supply seems to be working fine. Still getting crashes, so I'm guessing it is something in the hardware?