joe_tlj

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
I have a BSOD with the above message. I wasn't there when it happened, but I was told that Windows XP informed the happless user that a reinstall of it's self was in order. Sounds like a plan! I'm sure that it won't work though (the first thing you try never works). Will keep you posted.

<font color=green>(My joy at finding you wrong)</font color=green> - <font color=red>(Trying to show you why)</font color=red> = 0

joe_tlj

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
This is one more step in proving that the first thing you try is never the solution. Windows boots into the PE environment and gets ready to install it's self. But first it checks for previous versions of windows, at which point I meet with the following stop error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
In the words of the settler of the same planet: Now what?

<font color=green>(My joy at finding you wrong)</font color=green> + <font color=red>(Trying to show you why)</font color=red> = 0

joe_tlj

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
I was able to boot the system up with puppy linux and I ran their 30-minute memory test. Passed. I think it is a HDD problem. It's funny, this computer seems to be eating HDD's for breakfast. This is it's third drive. What would do this?

<font color=green>(My joy at finding you wrong)</font color=green> + <font color=red>(Trying to show you why)</font color=red> = 0