Question irql_not_less_or_equal

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 25, 2019
Hello everyone! I currently experienced several BSoD during the past few weeks, ranging from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I did everthing I could, considering I'm not super good with computers. I've run hours over hours of memtest+, did all the tricks I could find (sfc /scannow, play with DISM, uninstall drivers and all) and my computer is still crashing alot. Temperature on my hardware is ok. Who crashed and blue screen view point toward NDIS.SYS or NTOSKRNL.exe but they don't tell me which drivers make them crash. I'm truly desperate right now. I think it my be the network adapter on my motherboard and I want to be a 100% sure it's this before contacting the company for an exchange.

If you have a program to list my spec so I can post them here, don't hesitate. Same thing if you need files or stuff like this (I think my dump files are deleting after a while)

Thank you in advance!

P.S: Also, from time to time, my pc doesn't want to restart by itself after a BSoD. It's stuck on 0% and I can't do anything but restart it. I'm on windows 10 pro I think. 64bit)

DavidM012

Distinguished
The b250m is an 1151 intel board but the nomenclature looks like amd. I still think the problem is the cpu having a less than optimal cooler on it has caused cpu dmg. Dunno if it's been fully stressed yet. A screen freeze is a cpu stop and that's what they do when thermally dmg'd. It can happen if the cpu is under volted but the circumstances are that the pc has been running ok for 16 months until now with the 160w cooler on the 180w cpu, albeit with some good airflow, and the question of how warm we're getting under load hasn't yet been fully answered.

Colif

Win 11 Master
op said this

I have a Asrock b450M pro4 (motherboard). I already updated the BIOS a couple days ago. I'll try to find a way to crash my pc so it gives me a dump file and come back to you.

I took their word for it and it was only after looking on 2nd page I noticed the mistake and looked at the 250 instead :)
Dumps may not show anything but might as well look.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I took their word for it and it was only after looking on 2nd page I noticed the mistake and looked at the 250 instead :)
Dumps may not show anything but might as well look.

I also did the same, even though the debug and report I ran here: https://pste.eu/p/GqZH.html shows that it is a B250. I mistakenly took their word for it and didn't read through the BIOS info of my own dump :oops:.

May 25, 2019
By intel management engine, if there a way to find the right installer or driver to install? I'm really not sure about what to install right now. I did install what you told me to install (the 219 driver). As for the Bios, I updated it a couple days ago...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, Colif asked me to take a look at the dumps. I think PC Tailor has already provided all of this info (or almost all of it) so I'm not sure how helpful it will be. But here's the info: https://pste.eu/p/j5xj.html
File information:052519-8093-01.dmp (May 25 2019 - 21:17:05)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Probably caused by:?
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 28 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:052519-6968-01.dmp (May 25 2019 - 12:35:27)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

File information:052519-6359-01.dmp (May 25 2019 - 17:08:29)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)
I had symbol problems with all 3 so that might mean they are partially corrupt.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B250M Pro4/index.asp
It appears you the latest BIOS already installed (v2.5).

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

May 25, 2019
Thank you sir. I haven't been online all day long and it seems my pc had no crash today. I'm still in touch with Asrock to see if I can get a new motherboard, just in case this one have been damaged and I also got in touch to get RAM replacement. If this doesn't solve the issue, I will probably swipe clean all of my HDD and SSD and do another clean install. I've installed pretty much everything people told me to install but I wasn't able to test it out properly since I was away. If I get more BSoD, I'll post the dump files here for you all to read them. Thank you again for the work you are doing, I'm glad I found this forum.

Reactions: PC Tailor
May 25, 2019
Alright guys, after a few more test with memtest64, I'm pretty sure one of my RAM stick is dead. I tried both stick at the same time 3-4 times and my pc crashed. I decided to test them one by one on the same slot (in case the slot was the culprit) and I got like 20 errors in less than a minute with one of the stick. The other stick seems fine. I will continue to check up any other stuff that you guys mentionned if I have another crash. I'll buy RAM this weekend and hopefully, it'll solve the problem. If I don't have crash during the next 72 hours, I think it'll be good. Anyway, thank you for your help, it was one hell of a ride!

Reactions: PC Tailor

TRENDING THREADS