Question Irregular ability to access Internet

Dec 6, 2021
Connection to wifi is strong and shows an Internet connection, but most applications do not detect an internet connection, or cannot function as though they have one.
ISP:BT BThub6 is current router.
Laptop: Dell inspiron 7591
wireless: Intel wireless-AC 9560
Video below outlining some of the symptoms:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZSGo2HKrMmi7rFcd1NHB1kbXvSPSX_VF
Additionally, when attempting to use a mobile hotspot from my phone (iPhone SE 2020) I could connect but wouldn’t have internet access.
Rebooting PC and Router has had no effect. All other devices (4) connect to the wifi without any problems, and have full access. The problems started earlier today while I was using the laptop, and suddenly, the strange behaviour appeared.
Added note: Phone mobile hotspot connection had worked correctly two days prior.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Using the service tag on your laptop, go to the support site/portal for your laptop and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. You can use CPU-Z to see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. If you have a number of BIOS versions pending update, you should gradually work your way to the latest BIOS version as opposed to jumping to the latest version. On a side note, what version of Windows 10 are you working with? You can find it via Right click Start>System>the version should be stated at the bottom of the newly popped up window.

As for your platform, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your wireless adapter's drivers? Source the driver from Dell's support site and then install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Dec 6, 2021

Using the service tag on your laptop, go to the support site/portal for your laptop and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. You can use CPU-Z to see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. If you have a number of BIOS versions pending update, you should gradually work your way to the latest BIOS version as opposed to jumping to the latest version. On a side note, what version of Windows 10 are you working with? You can find it via Right click Start>System>the version should be stated at the bottom of the newly popped up window.

As for your platform, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your wireless adapter's drivers? Source the driver from Dell's support site and then install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Windows version 20H2
OS build: 19042.1348
I did attempt to reinstall drivers but that did not seem to do anything. Can no longer access the Dell website to update BIOS.