Irritating keyboard glitch

dumbkeys

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
Recently, my desktop computer running windows 10 has become unbearable to use. My backspace button is somehow being spammed, and it is impossible to type with the keyboard. It not only interferes with typing, but often causes programs I have open to be redirected back a page since the backspace bar is being hit so much. It is almost as if every letter I type is followed by a backspace. There is a short grace period in which I can type, and that is right after I restart my computer. I have checked task manager, and no unwanted programs seem to show up. I have done multiple full scans with webroot on my computer, all showing clean. The keyboard I use is certainly not faulty as when disconnected, the back spacing continues to delete letters irritatingly. The keyboard is also fully functional on a friend's laptop.

As typing this, I just found that disabling the backspace and delete key functions have no effect on the problem. Typing is very unpredictable, sometimes it works with full functionality and other times it doesn't at all. These periods of functionality probably only last under a minute.

I could certainly use feedback, it's not easy typing all this on a phone.
Thanks

Edit: Just to clarify, I definitely did restart my computer already, and used safe mode.

Solution
Hello

Can you please confirm if this happens when you are in the System BIOS as well, or when you Boot Your Computer in Command Prompt Externally using Windows 10 Bootable Media?

A few troubleshooting steps you may want to try include:

> Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command in the Command Prompt as explained above.

> If that doesn't work, Restoring Windows to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. when it worked fine.

> If none of the above works, you can try Resetting Windows 10 to Factory Defaults (of course without removing your personal files).

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!! :)
Hello

Can you please confirm if this happens when you are in the System BIOS as well, or when you Boot Your Computer in Command Prompt Externally using Windows 10 Bootable Media?

A few troubleshooting steps you may want to try include:

> Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command in the Command Prompt as explained above.

> If that doesn't work, Restoring Windows to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. when it worked fine.

> If none of the above works, you can try Resetting Windows 10 to Factory Defaults (of course without removing your personal files).

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

dumbkeys

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

I apologize for the really late reply.

Restoring my computer to an earlier save worked, thanks mate!:)

TRENDING THREADS