Irritating Mouse Cursor / Focus issue.

May 4, 2018
Ok so I have this incredibly irritating issue. Any text box I type into, I must have my mouse cursor over it at the time, or it loses focus. Also if I hit enter and the mouse is over another window, that window becomes active, or if i hit enter while editing this text the edit cursor moves to wherever the mouse is on that text.

So basically if i push the ENTER key it is acting as a mouse click.

I have all the things you could tell me to turn on to make that happen very much off. Sticky keys, accessibility, all that rubbish. Using keyboard for mouse etc etc. Nothing is on of the sort.

I have used a second keyboard and a second mouse swopping them around this issue persists. I have even recently re-installed Win7 completely to no avail. I'm guessing some idiot driver is fighting with another one, as this occurs in safe mode too with zero software loaded.

Logitech PS/2 keyboard, USB Redragon Shark mouse, Win7 SP1. Haaaalp

Solution
Ok so both of the mice were programable. I'm still not sure why this occurs, so input would be appreciated, but I solved the problem thus -

Having uninstalled the programmable mouse applications to remove potential issues, both the Logitech one and the Redragon one and still having the issue I in desperation programmed a tertiary mouse button as the ENTER key. On both mice this fixed the issue, even though the Logitech was NOT programmable.

Bearing in mind this was a clean installation that did this with both mice, how on earth did a registry entry creep in that did this from the Redragon or some other Gremlinery?

To recap : Fresh install, any ENTER keypress would act as a single mouse click. Programming a tertiary button as ENTER on...
May 4, 2018
Ok so both of the mice were programable. I'm still not sure why this occurs, so input would be appreciated, but I solved the problem thus -

Having uninstalled the programmable mouse applications to remove potential issues, both the Logitech one and the Redragon one and still having the issue I in desperation programmed a tertiary mouse button as the ENTER key. On both mice this fixed the issue, even though the Logitech was NOT programmable.

Bearing in mind this was a clean installation that did this with both mice, how on earth did a registry entry creep in that did this from the Redragon or some other Gremlinery?

To recap : Fresh install, any ENTER keypress would act as a single mouse click. Programming a tertiary button as ENTER on the Redragon stopped this. Plugging in the Logitech afterwards proved it to behave as well now.

Solution