Question irritating problem

callaghan94

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
hi guys, i have a really annoying issue.
Screen tearing!! Happens when watching videos using emulators, even scrolling on a web browser. Ive tried v-sync and adaptive v-sync to no avail. Ive since realised that my monitors max refresh rate is 59hz, but the nvidia control panel wont allow any lower than 60hz, iv'e also been getting images stuck on the desktop after i close my emulators or close a windowed game, is my gpu on its way out?

thanks

i7 870 cpu
gigabyte h55m-usb3 mobo
asus 750ti
16gb RAM
350gb ssd

callaghan94

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Hard to tell if that is a hardware issue. How long time have you had this issue? And did the issue came after a windows update or driver update ?
Thanks or replying.

I would say i noticed it after the january nvidia update, i did try using ddu and installing the drivers again but it hasn't helped. Its quite an old setup i have, however the card has never been used much and the motherboard despite being an older chipset is fairly new. I have a sneaking suspicion its something to do with the monitor only running at 59hz and the gpu out putting at 60hz but theres no option in the nvidia control panel to run under 60hz

callaghan94

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
if you OC your video card it can happen … try turning off your OC if you have it
That was the first thing i did, i just bought myself a 1050ti 4GB i was convinced my gpu was knackered, but even the new ones doing it, has anyone heard other people having this issue after the last nvidia update? Only other thing i can think of is my monitor is acting up and needs replaced.