IRS Arcade Auction - MN

I noticed an eBay ad (#6201840161) trying to sell information on an
upcoming arcade auction. The seller wanted a $24.99 opening bid (or
$29.99 BIN) to provide the information as to date, location and
responsbile agent.

While I am sure the seller believes that he or she is providing useful
information at a reasonable price, I have my doubts. Paying for public
information sticks in my craw, since as a taxpayer I have already paid
for it once. Plus, I am a well known cheapskate, even though I have
not achived the lofty CARGPB status.

So, by applying damn near two minutes to a search, I found the
following auction
http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/samn_comm_938.htm which matches
the description of the one for which the seller is providing
information.

The auction is in East Sartell, MN on August 23. There look to be a
fair number of pins, along with a lot of redemptions. I hope that some
RGP'ers go there and find machines they want, without paying $29.99 to
find out where a publc auction is being held.

Ron

nice research. those machines look really nice. why is nothing of
this sort ever in New England....
Ron Donohue wrote:
> I noticed an eBay ad (#6201840161) trying to sell information on an
> upcoming arcade auction. The seller wanted a $24.99 opening bid (or
> $29.99 BIN) to provide the information as to date, location and
> responsbile agent.
>
> While I am sure the seller believes that he or she is providing useful
> information at a reasonable price, I have my doubts. Paying for public
> information sticks in my craw, since as a taxpayer I have already paid
> for it once. Plus, I am a well known cheapskate, even though I have
> not achived the lofty CARGPB status.
>
> So, by applying damn near two minutes to a search, I found the
> following auction
> http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/samn_comm_938.htm which matches
> the description of the one for which the seller is providing
> information.
>
> The auction is in East Sartell, MN on August 23. There look to be a
> fair number of pins, along with a lot of redemptions. I hope that some
> RGP'ers go there and find machines they want, without paying $29.99 to
> find out where a publc auction is being held.
>
> Ron

Thanks for sharin' Ron. I saw that as well. I hope no one is foolish
enough to pay that guy 30 bucks a pop for free info.

Tim

Ron Donohue wrote:
> I noticed an eBay ad (#6201840161) trying to sell information on an
> upcoming arcade auction. The seller wanted a $24.99 opening bid (or
> $29.99 BIN) to provide the information as to date, location and
> responsbile agent.
>
> While I am sure the seller believes that he or she is providing useful
> information at a reasonable price, I have my doubts. Paying for public
> information sticks in my craw, since as a taxpayer I have already paid
> for it once. Plus, I am a well known cheapskate, even though I have
> not achived the lofty CARGPB status.
>
> So, by applying damn near two minutes to a search, I found the
> following auction
> http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/samn_comm_938.htm which matches
> the description of the one for which the seller is providing
> information.
>
> The auction is in East Sartell, MN on August 23. There look to be a
> fair number of pins, along with a lot of redemptions. I hope that some
> RGP'ers go there and find machines they want, without paying $29.99 to
> find out where a publc auction is being held.
>
> Ron

St. Cloud (near Sartell) isn't 4 hours from me.... only an hour or so...

Herb Schanke wrote:

> Wonder if it's worth taking a day off of work and
> making a 4 hour drive?

Only if you like scenery at $3/gallon. Any IRS auction will be
cancelled if the debtor comes up with the money he owes the government,
and that can happen five minutes before the auction is scheduled to
start. In June, there was supposed to have been a sheriff's auction in
Joplin MO, but that one got cancelled at the last minute. This one
could, too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6184130075

Looks like some operator out there didn't pay their taxes. The IRS
should get with the times and use Ebay. :p

Like they don't get enough frickin' money?

Rictor wrote:
> Looks like some operator out there didn't pay their taxes. The IRS
> should get with the times and use Ebay. :p

I'll be there! Hope I don't see ya' all, or anybody with more cash
than me... I'll need a lota hope in that case.

zTim

You have too many pins as it is Greg. ;-)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Greg Kemnitz wrote:
> I thought about it... And I've heard from a number of people who plan
> to be there -- enough that there'll be no bargains, unfortunately...
>
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:42:54 GMT, "Herb Schanke" <hschanke@nfco.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hmmmm?? Two Funhouses!!! Wonder if it's worth taking a day off of work and
> >making a 4 hour drive?
> >
> >Herb Schanke
> >
> >"Ron Donohue" <rdonohue@hoyt.org> wrote in message
> >> I noticed an eBay ad (#6201840161) trying to sell information on an
> >> upcoming arcade auction. The seller wanted a $24.99 opening bid (or
> >> $29.99 BIN) to provide the information as to date, location and
> >> responsbile agent.
> >>
> >> While I am sure the seller believes that he or she is providing useful
> >> information at a reasonable price, I have my doubts. Paying for public
> >> information sticks in my craw, since as a taxpayer I have already paid
> >> for it once. Plus, I am a well known cheapskate, even though I have
> >> not achived the lofty CARGPB status.
> >>
> >> So, by applying damn near two minutes to a search, I found the
> >> following auction
> >> http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/samn_comm_938.htm which matches
> >> the description of the one for which the seller is providing
> >> information.
> >>
> >> The auction is in East Sartell, MN on August 23. There look to be a
> >> fair number of pins, along with a lot of redemptions. I hope that some
> >> RGP'ers go there and find machines they want, without paying $29.99 to
> >> find out where a publc auction is being held.
> >>
> >> Ron

If anybody wants to buy the Little Pro and flip it to me for a nice
profit, I'm game. ;-)

Ack! I knew about this about a week ago.... not that I was hoping that
none of you would be there ;)..... you know brotherly love and
all...... just not sure I can outbid the heavy hitters.....

My problem is I will be by myself.... I wonder what kind of sexual
favors I'll need to perform to get help loading my van.....

Dad, say it isn't so. I never thought an in law of mine would make a
blasphemous comment like that. And in public too. AH :)

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> You have too many pins as it is Greg. ;-)
>
> Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

Sing to the Barney song tune : Bryan loves you, Bryan loves me, Bryan loves
beastiality.

Hmmmm?? Two Funhouses!!! Wonder if it's worth taking a day off of work and
making a 4 hour drive?

Herb Schanke

"Ron Donohue" <rdonohue@hoyt.org> wrote in message
> I noticed an eBay ad (#6201840161) trying to sell information on an
> upcoming arcade auction. The seller wanted a $24.99 opening bid (or
> $29.99 BIN) to provide the information as to date, location and
> responsbile agent.
>
> While I am sure the seller believes that he or she is providing useful
> information at a reasonable price, I have my doubts. Paying for public
> information sticks in my craw, since as a taxpayer I have already paid
> for it once. Plus, I am a well known cheapskate, even though I have
> not achived the lofty CARGPB status.
>
> So, by applying damn near two minutes to a search, I found the
> following auction
> http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/samn_comm_938.htm which matches
> the description of the one for which the seller is providing
> information.
>
> The auction is in East Sartell, MN on August 23. There look to be a
> fair number of pins, along with a lot of redemptions. I hope that some
> RGP'ers go there and find machines they want, without paying $29.99 to
> find out where a publc auction is being held.
>
> Ron

No freakin' lie. The IRS really doesn't want to make much money off of
these things, do they?!?

10AM on a Wednesday. Sheesh. No wait, it gets better - the preview is
3-6PM on Tuesday.

No love for the workin' folk..
-Mark.

In article <OyLMe.3207$hF1.3104@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
hschanke@nfco.com says...

wrote:

>Hmmmm?? Two Funhouses!!! Wonder if it's worth taking a day off of work and
>making a 4 hour drive?
>
>Herb Schanke
>
>"Ron Donohue" <rdonohue@hoyt.org> wrote in message
>> I noticed an eBay ad (#6201840161) trying to sell information on an
>> upcoming arcade auction. The seller wanted a $24.99 opening bid (or
>> $29.99 BIN) to provide the information as to date, location and
>> responsbile agent.
>>
>> While I am sure the seller believes that he or she is providing useful
>> information at a reasonable price, I have my doubts. Paying for public
>> information sticks in my craw, since as a taxpayer I have already paid
>> for it once. Plus, I am a well known cheapskate, even though I have
>> not achived the lofty CARGPB status.
>>
>> So, by applying damn near two minutes to a search, I found the
>> following auction
>> http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/samn_comm_938.htm which matches
>> the description of the one for which the seller is providing
>> information.
>>
>> The auction is in East Sartell, MN on August 23. There look to be a
>> fair number of pins, along with a lot of redemptions. I hope that some
>> RGP'ers go there and find machines they want, without paying $29.99 to
>> find out where a publc auction is being held.
>>
>> Ron

I'll be there in my sheep outfit. :)

Lloyd Olson wrote:
> What's your specialty ? Buy me the little pro and I'll help you. ( Lots of
> nice people going, I'm sure you won't have trouble getting help ) LTG :)
>
> "TheOtherBob" <nottheotherbob@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> > My problem is I will be by myself.... I wonder what kind of sexual
> > favors I'll need to perform to get help loading my van.....

What's your specialty ? Buy me the little pro and I'll help you. ( Lots of
nice people going, I'm sure you won't have trouble getting help ) LTG :)

"TheOtherBob" <nottheotherbob@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> My problem is I will be by myself.... I wonder what kind of sexual
> favors I'll need to perform to get help loading my van.....

There you go TheOtherBob. Galoshes, velcro gloves, rub a little mint jelly
behind Bryan Bo Peep's ear, and you are in like Flynn. Heck, knowing Bryan
you won't even have to be good. AH :)

> I'll be there in my sheep outfit. :)
>
> Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

Old McBryan had a sheep suit, eee i eee i ohh . And everywhere that Bryan
went, the sheep were sure to know. With a baa baa here, and a baa baa there,
there were sure a lot of contented looking sheep lounging around in
Farmington having a cigarette and a beer.

TheOtherBob wrote:
> Ack! I knew about this about a week ago.... not that I was hoping that
> none of you would be there ;)..... you know brotherly love and
> all...... just not sure I can outbid the heavy hitters.....
>
> My problem is I will be by myself.... I wonder what kind of sexual
> favors I'll need to perform to get help loading my van.....

Just bring a copy of your tax returns. Those IRS folks will be happy to
help you load up! :)

> > Looks like some operator out there didn't pay their taxes. The IRS
> > should get with the times and use Ebay. :p

> Like they don't get enough frickin' money?

Not so long as we're running budget deficits, they're not. Sad to say,
but true.

Besides, if they cleared more money using Epay or something like, then
they wouldn't have to hit the rest of us so hard...

.... OK, you can stop laughing now...

Dang, now I'm getting all hot and bothered..... mind you I didn't say
"hot and buttered"..... ;)

I don't think I'd be paying with cash....................... ;-)

Mike

Ed