[SOLVED] Is 1,4v on 3200g normal?

WILLAX

Prominent
Aug 16, 2020
My 3200g was operating at a max of 1,5v+ for 8 months before i understood how bad that is, so i made an offset of -0.125v and now it's running at a max of 1,4v, fluctuating between 0.8 and 1,4 at idle. Is this good?

Solution
Hey there,

Ryzen chips often spike up to 1.4/1.5 volts, but for the most part it's for a split second when the CPU is boosting or at full load. Scary though when seeing it reported in HWMon/Info

It's normal, so you don't have to worry too much. You could always just set your vcore (CPU voltage) to a fixed number, so it doesn't fluctuate high so much. 1.3v would be perfectly fine to try out. Test your system if setting a fixed voltage so you know it's stable. YOu can use Prime95 small ffts to test.
Hey there,

Ryzen chips often spike up to 1.4/1.5 volts, but for the most part it's for a split second when the CPU is boosting or at full load. Scary though when seeing it reported in HWMon/Info

It's normal, so you don't have to worry too much. You could always just set your vcore (CPU voltage) to a fixed number, so it doesn't fluctuate high so much. 1.3v would be perfectly fine to try out. Test your system if setting a fixed voltage so you know it's stable. YOu can use Prime95 small ffts to test.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS