[SOLVED] IS 1050 TI GIGABYTE UEFI OR LEGACY BIOS?

May 19, 2022
So i just bought a new motherboard (ASRock H510M-HVS) (i was still using an M5A78-LE a ddr3 motherboard with fx-6300) and i was looking to do an little upgrade but i heard that with H510 my 1050 ti would not display video because it uses bios legacy and i would need an recent graphic card or integrated card to go in bios and active CSM..is that so? i'm kinda afraid because i don't have any new graphic card and my proccessor is 10thF (no integrated card).
Can i put the 1050 on UEFI bios?

Solution
Anything 900 series and up is UEFI compatible. 700 series and down is legacy compatible. There are some oddballs like the 750/ti that certain vendors didn't make legacy compatible, UEFI only and some had issues with the hybrid bios that came in prebuilts that was legacy based but uefi compliant. That switchover was a bad time for many.

But most times it's an easy work around, in bios set for UEFI / Legacy instead of UEFI only.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Anything 900 series and up is UEFI compatible. 700 series and down is legacy compatible. There are some oddballs like the 750/ti that certain vendors didn't make legacy compatible, UEFI only and some had issues with the hybrid bios that came in prebuilts that was legacy based but uefi compliant. That switchover was a bad time for many.

But most times it's an easy work around, in bios set for UEFI / Legacy instead of UEFI only.

Reactions: Dishonred
Solution
May 19, 2022

sup dude. Thanks for the clarification.

TRENDING THREADS