[SOLVED] Is 110€ good price for rx 470 4gb? Used for 1year?

Solution
Rx 470 4gb

For market conditions now it's good. It's very good. New I've seen them over $400 (US Dollars) and RX580's 8 gigs over $800

BUT for reference I picked up a NEW RX 580 8GB for $130 which is close to 110 Euro just a little over one year ago.

That said it's more than 1 year old. More likely 4+ years old. 400 series hasn't been made for a whiel. If it was overclocked it may be near EOL

Make sure you have recourse if it malfunctions. If paypal, business transaction only even if you have to pay more.
Rx 470 4gb

For market conditions now it's good. It's very good. New I've seen them over $400 (US Dollars) and RX580's 8 gigs over $800

BUT for reference I picked up a NEW RX 580 8GB for $130 which is close to 110 Euro just a little over one year ago.

That said it's more than 1 year old. More likely 4+ years old. 400 series hasn't been made for a whiel. If it was overclocked it may be near EOL

Make sure you have recourse if it malfunctions. If paypal, business transaction only even if you have to pay more.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Solution

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Used for what?

1 year of mining? definitely not. shady miners will try to get rid of those cards after they start failing and say it wasn't used for mining or that it's been used for a little while and never overclocked.

Yes, it's a big upgrade. But the fact that is a big upgrade, what will it matter if it's a faulty GPU or if it fails shortly after you have it in your system?
A GPU used for mining is pushed to the limit for who knows how many months (possibly years, but let's say months). It's far easier to fail than a GPU used for gaming and most of the time they run with edited vBIOS (mining) that may have even bricked the card in the end.

At that price you either found a VERY good deal from someone who doesn't know about the current GPU market, or a mining GPU that the seller is trying to get rid off for who knows what reason (faulty, bricked, dead, damaged, etc)

EDIT: For comparison, in my country a 470 4GB with broken fans and HDMI not working sells for 140€. The normal price range for fully functional 470 is 190-240€.

Last edited: