[SOLVED] Is 120GB 2.5 inch SSD good enough and future proof for windows 10 and all drivers?

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys,
My friend is currently building a gaming pc and got his XPG S11 pro 512gb nvme m.2 ssd and HDD 2tb WD blue , at first we thought the 512 m.2 would be enough for windows, all drivers and programs (such as idm, winrar, etc.) and games but since new games are getting larger in size and stuff especially online games which keeps having massive size updates like cod warzone for example; we think that 512 won't be enough so I was thinking about a separated 120GB 2.5inch SSd to make it only for windows, drivers and programs only but to be honest I dont know if it's enough and future-proof that he will not need to upgrade the storage again later?
Thanks <3

Last edited:
Solution
No, it is not enough.
Put in a 120GB, and you'll be constantly running out of free space.
And the better manufacturers don't even make 120GB drives anymore.
for just windows and drivers, and maybe the few always on (like rgb stuff, or gpu tuner) software, that should be enough for, well, the next couple of good long years. windows doesnt take a lot of space.

anyway, he has a 2tb hard drive. games are supposed to go on there.
with just 1 or 2 frequent games on the ssd.

Many things default to the windows C drive.
When it nears full, it will slow down and lose endurance.
120gb is not enough, and certainly not "future proof"

Since you already have a 500gb C drive and a 2tb HDD, go with that.
On a new build, I might have suggested a single 1/2tb m.2 drive such as a intel 660P or samsung qvo.

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Many things default to the windows C drive.
When it nears full, it will slow down and lose endurance.
120gb is not enough, and certainly not "future proof"

Since you already have a 500gb C drive and a 2tb HDD, go with that.
I understand yea but I really dont think that the 512gb S11 pro will be enough for windows, drivers, programs and games especially heavy games that have long loading time such as gta v online, and games that have big size like cod warzone and RDR2 🙁