[SOLVED] Is 1660 combatible with msi h61m-p23(b3)

Solution
When i try to turn on the computer with 1660, the monitor displays a black screen and b2.Is it worth trying to update windows if the msi website says this (MSI recommends not updating the BIOS with ME8 only if you use the 22nm IvyBridge processor.)
I have an i5-2300 processor on sandybridge.
I Think my motherboard too old and should go to rest
Since it isn't working then agreed, plus if you are gaming with the system you'll want something better CPU-wise for newer games. The Ryzen 2600 (paired with a B450 board & 2x8gb DDR4 @3200) will game quite well on newer titles.
Jan 18, 2020
A new motherboard would require a new CPU and memory since those would be different then your current parts.

Try the 1660 on your current motherboard and see if it works. If it doesn't then remove the GPU and update the motherboard BIOS.
When i try to turn on the computer with 1660, the monitor displays a black screen and b2.Is it worth trying to update windows if the msi website says this (MSI recommends not updating the BIOS with ME8 only if you use the 22nm IvyBridge processor.)

WildCard999

Titan
Since it isn't working then agreed, plus if you are gaming with the system you'll want something better CPU-wise for newer games. The Ryzen 2600 (paired with a B450 board & 2x8gb DDR4 @3200) will game quite well on newer titles.

Reactions: nekitkalive
Solution