[SOLVED] is 1tb enough

Speedy_H05

Great
Nov 16, 2020
Hey guys I’m building a pc for a friend he likes to play warzone and stream he really only has warzone and Cold War and like fortnite on his current pc is the 1tb 980 pro m.2 enough or should he go for the 970 eco plus 2tb

USAFRet

Titan
Hey guys I’m building a pc for a friend he likes to play warzone and stream he really only has warzone and Cold War and like fortnite on his current pc is the 1tb 980 pro m.2 enough or should he go for the 970 eco plus 2tb
The difference between a PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0 SSD, in the gaming world is....blink and you miss it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YoRKQy-UO4

If prices are similar, get the 2TB 970.

Solution
i would recommend you put the op sys and items that cant be moved on the M.2 and put the steam client on a separate ssd , i would also recomend you get the 2tb drive .
I say 2 because some games are very big , GTA5 is 90gb and and horizon zero dawn is about 70gb. I only have a 1 tb drive you all my steam games and am running out of space.

Just in case you dont know how the steam client works , you install a game as normal then if you did start to run out of space or just wanted to delete it you right click the games name and choose uninstall , the games name will still be their but it will be greyed out ready for if you want to re-install it.

It is also possible to make your games list only the the titles you currently have installed.

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
the latest COD game eats ups like 250 GB of disk space.
also keep in mind that a SSD needs about 15% of free space available at all times.

get the 2TB. also get a 256gb sata SSD for the OS. something like a crucial MX500 or samsung evo 800 series. better keep the OS and games separated.

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
man if you already made your mind just do whatever you want. we only share good practice here, from people that got through this hundred of times.
maintenance / problem solving is much easier in a lot of cases if the os is kept separated from the other things. Also 1tb drive for games is outdated now that games uses 100s of GBs

good luck

Reactions: Speedy_H05