Is 2gb of ram enough for XP 32bit??

axew

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Hello, i m wondering, is 2gigs of ram enough for gaming on windows XP 32bit SP2 for games like Skyrim?

I currently have 1x2 GB ddr2 ram @ 800MHz, Phenom 9500 Quad @ 2.6 GHz and HD 6570 1gb DDR3.

My resolution is 1280x720 and i m looking for 20-30 fps at decent (mix of medium and high) settings.

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012

yes yes and yes. it's more than enough.

learsi_c

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
How much you need will depend on how you intend to use it. Basically, 2 GB of RAM is sufficiently enough to keep you going on a 32 Bit operating system. Basic task may be done simultaneously but would still keep the system running smoothly. However, gaming and opening numerous programs and applications at the same time
may cause your system to run with difficulties (experiencing delays in opening and running programs).
To better address this problem and avoid future problems, it may be necessary to simply upgrade your RAM
of choice to a higher capacity to meet your future demands. This will save you additional costs of upgrades and time.
For more information and answer, you may check out this website ( http://www.techyv.com/questions/installing-ram-ivy-bridge-processor#comments ) where it will further guide you on how to better choose on how much RAM you should install.