Is 2xCRT extended desktop working OK with 9800pro?

I need to know that I can use 2 CRT monitors on a 9800 pro card, in a
extended desktop configuration, with no problems...

any comments?

thanks.
v.

"Vedran Parac" wrote
> I need to know that I can use 2 CRT monitors on a 9800 pro card, in a
> extended desktop configuration, with no problems...

Hi,

I have just set-up 2 x 19" Ilama Pro55 FST monitors on a 9600, using the ATI
*Hydra-Vision* software. I didn't read anything about it, just went right
ahead and started fiddling with the options. Seems to work well so far!

I would imagine that the 9800 acts in much the same way. .
--
Wayne ][

I use this configuration and have experienced some issues with it that i
did not have when i was using a GeForce Ti4200 with the SoftQuadro mod.
Specifically,

- A CAD program that i use has a corrupted 2D display when OpenGL
acceleration is activated and both monitors are connected. OpenGL is fine
with 2nd monitor disconnected.
- When a window displaying video is moved from one monitor to the other,
sometimes the video disappears & won't restart until until playback is
paused & restarted.

Altogether, so long as you don't need 3D or video running on both
displays at once, for me, it works just fine & i doubt i'd ever go back to a
single display again. Having said that, i read a review recently (here:
http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/index.html ) comparing the
multiple-display capabilities of Ati & nVidia's drivers: in short, nVidia's
driver was better (eg, nV allowed 3D on both monitors simultaneously). If
you haven't bought the card yet, it might be useful to read the review i
mentioned to see if an nVidia solution would be better for you.