Is 3000mhz good enough? And should I buy my cpu and gpu now?

Jun 12, 2018
Im planning on making a pc using the i7-8700k and I just bought corsair’s 3000mhz cas16 vengence rgb pro for $169.99 and Im just wondering if that speed is good for the i7. Im wanting to play games, start some streaming, and content creation.

P.S. Im wondering if I should wait till the next intel chips and envidea’s gpus come out untill I buy my final parts being the cpu mobo and gpu.

Hope you can help! Thanks!

Solution
3000 speed is fine; intel processors do not much depend on fast ram for performance.
Today, the i7-8700K represents, I think, the top of the line for gaming.
Multithreaded apps are not quite up to ryzen if those type apps are the most important thing for you.

Historically, new gen processors from intel deliver slightly higher clock rates and performance than the previous generation.
They do so at the previous price level. Think 5%.

If you have a need now, buy now.
If you wait for the next best thing, you will wait forever.
3000 speed is fine; intel processors do not much depend on fast ram for performance.
Today, the i7-8700K represents, I think, the top of the line for gaming.
Multithreaded apps are not quite up to ryzen if those type apps are the most important thing for you.

Historically, new gen processors from intel deliver slightly higher clock rates and performance than the previous generation.
They do so at the previous price level. Think 5%.

If you have a need now, buy now.
If you wait for the next best thing, you will wait forever.

Solution