Is 33 pounds for a 240gb ADATA SSD a good deal?

Aug 22, 2018
Firstly I'm in the UK so I can't use Newegg and stuff like that. But on Ebuyer.com (similar to Amazon) they have an ADATA SSD of 240gb capacity and these specs:

3D NAND Flash for higher durability and capacity
Sequential R/W performance Up to 520 / 450MB/s
SLC caching: enhances

It is on sale for 33 pounds. I need a cheap SSD for my laptop because it is really slow and keeps freezing and crashing. It is brand new only used for a few months. It has a 7th gen i3, gt 940mx, 8gb ddr4 ram that I upgraded to from 4gb.

It has a 1TB laptop hard drive which I think is the root of all my problems. It might speed up my games too. Are there any ssd's in the 480-500+ capacity that are cheaper? I would prefer a larger ssd but I can only afford around 20-30 pounds on an ssd.

Is this a good deal? I might keep the laptop hard drive and use it as an external hard drive for mass storage with an adaptor cable.

Solution
Usually crashes are connected to overcumbered driver reinstallations and leftovers.

Try with Windows restore (Reset) in Windows update settings (You will see the tab).

It will leave you documents and stuff, but backup them anyways (Also in %appdata%).
It will remove programs (it will do warning and list the programs that will remove).
Usually crashes are connected to overcumbered driver reinstallations and leftovers.

Try with Windows restore (Reset) in Windows update settings (You will see the tab).

It will leave you documents and stuff, but backup them anyways (Also in %appdata%).
It will remove programs (it will do warning and list the programs that will remove).

Solution
Aug 22, 2018

Thanks! I might try that and see. I do want an SSD though cause my HDD is quite slow but I will definitely do a Windows Restore.

rafe78yap

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
given your tight budget, yes the offer is good upgrade from original slow HDD, but do remember a basic installation of Windows 10 takes up over 60gb with extra 10+gb for updates and other programs you might use and install, also consider Microns's if their similar size SSD is only a few pounds extra, i personally prefers using their products for value for money with stability, cheers