Is 4+2 vrm phase enough for ryzen 2600 4.2ghz OC possible

Solution
Probably but I would really recommend a X370 or X470 board with a proper VRM for a heavy overclock like that. Depending on the VCORE voltage and LLC level you have to apply to get that stable the VRM will likely run very hot, I would try to rig up a fan so it blows air down onto the VRM, that may not even be enough. If you overheat the VRM it could cause throttling, stability issues, and possibly shorten the lifespan of the VRM.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Probably but I would really recommend a X370 or X470 board with a proper VRM for a heavy overclock like that. Depending on the VCORE voltage and LLC level you have to apply to get that stable the VRM will likely run very hot, I would try to rig up a fan so it blows air down onto the VRM, that may not even be enough. If you overheat the VRM it could cause throttling, stability issues, and possibly shorten the lifespan of the VRM.

Solution
Well there is no guarantee that your cpu will be able to hit the 4.2 mark. Also the listed motherboard really is not the greatest for overclocking purposes-unless you have bought it already I would probably spend a bit more on a better model;same goes for your cooler as well.

TRENDING THREADS