[SOLVED] Is 400 Watts enough?

UpjumpedNeophyte

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
Hello! Right now I have a PC I ordered with a Ryzen 5 3500 processor and a RTX 2060 Super graphics card. The PC comes with a stock 400 Watt power unit. Is this an ample amount of power or is it just enough? Should I consider an upgrade? I can try to provide further details if need be. Thanks a bunch.

Solution
What 400 watt PSU exactly? Who ddi you order the PC from?

If its not listed in the PC specs chances are its a some junk Chinese PSU which in that case replace it with a decent 550 watt PSU. The Corsair CX550 or CX550m are about the cheapest PSU I would pair with a 2060. Preferably you should get something a little better like a Corsair TXm/RMx or Seasonic FOCUS G
What 400 watt PSU exactly? Who ddi you order the PC from?

If its not listed in the PC specs chances are its a some junk Chinese PSU which in that case replace it with a decent 550 watt PSU. The Corsair CX550 or CX550m are about the cheapest PSU I would pair with a 2060. Preferably you should get something a little better like a Corsair TXm/RMx or Seasonic FOCUS G

Solution

UpjumpedNeophyte

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
It's an HP prefab bc lazy. 😬 And yeah in the specs it doesn't specify any brand name, won't know till it arrives. Thank you for your suggestion though! I don't know much about this stuff. Should probs take the time to learn more.

It's an HP prefab bc lazy. 😬 And yeah in the specs it doesn't specify any brand name, won't know till it arrives. Thank you for your suggestion though! I don't know much about this stuff. Should probs take the time to learn more.

Chances are being HP it wont be fire hazard quality but it also wont be great by any stretch. Also 400 watts is right on the edge of bare minimum which doesn't surprise me from HP.

When you get it, open up the panel and see if you can spot a label.