[SOLVED] Is 41 high for idle temp? (i7-9700k @ 4.8 GHz)

Farouk Sakhnini

Honorable
Jan 15, 2016
I have an i7-9700k overclocked to 4.8 GHz with an AIO water cooler (Coolermaster ml240l), I used to get much lower idle temps when I first got the PC around 4 months ago (around 24-28) on idle that is, and now I'm getting temps around 41, I mean the weather where I live has changed but not that much, back in January it was around 19 Celsius at its highest and now average around 30's. Is it the weather change or something else? Also is there any maintenance I could do to my PC to keep it at better health?

View: https://imgur.com/a/0PH6Aer

Thanks in advance!

Solution
everything below 45 is absolutely no issue for the CPU on long term as long as your temperature under load is fine.

Most CPUs are buil to run up to 100°c. Higher temps generally result in lower lifetime of the CPU. But as I said before, Beeing 24/7 stuck at 45°c should not affect your CPU lifetime much at all. Before it breaks, you probably want to upgrade...

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
everything below 45 is absolutely no issue for the CPU on long term as long as your temperature under load is fine.

Most CPUs are buil to run up to 100°c. Higher temps generally result in lower lifetime of the CPU. But as I said before, Beeing 24/7 stuck at 45°c should not affect your CPU lifetime much at all. Before it breaks, you probably want to upgrade...

Solution