May 18, 2020
Hi I am a student looking to get a new laptop. Currently I am looking at the new Lenovo Ideapad 5 with the 4000 series AMD chips in them. The hardware looks great but the display is described as having 45% NTSC coverage. All the work I will be doing will be programming and terminal based, but I also want a good display for enjoyable media viewing(Youtube and movies). Will the display suffice or will the colours look to bad?

Solution
I already have the laptop with the 45% NTSC coverage panel on the way, would you say going through the trouble to cancel and reorder one with a better panel for more money is worth it?

Cheers
I wouldn't return it, but I don't watch much media on my laptop (it has a crappy display too, and I live with it when I need to use it to watch movies (e.g. stuck in an airport)).
May 18, 2020
It should be fine for text based work, but I think you will be disappointed watching movies on it.

If you don't need portability for movie-watching, consider adding an old used TV (not so old it doesn't have an HDMI port) as a monitor.

I already have the laptop with the 45% NTSC coverage panel on the way, would you say going through the trouble to cancel and reorder one with a better panel for more money is worth it?

Cheers

Cheers
I wouldn't return it, but I don't watch much media on my laptop (it has a crappy display too, and I live with it when I need to use it to watch movies (e.g. stuck in an airport)).

Solution