[SOLVED] is 450 watts enough for ryzen 7 3700x and radeon rx 5600xt?

Nov 12, 2020
as the title says id like to know if my power supply can cut it and i dont want to fry my components testing it
My specs are as follows:
cpu-amd ryzen7 3700x
cooler-stock
gpu-amd radeon rx 5600xt
ram-corsair vengeance 2x8gb
motherboard-msi mag b550 tomahawk am4
generic 450 watt power supply cant remember the name
any help is appreciated, ive got a new power supply on the way but itll be another week and im just wondering if i can use the new gpu in the meantime
ive used a few wattage calculators but i thought id ask the experts just to err on the side of caution

Last edited:
as the title says id like to know if my power supply can cut it and i dont want to fry my components testing it
My specs are as follows:
cpu-amd ryzen7 3700x
cooler-stock
gpu-amd radeon rx 5600xt
ram-corsair vengeance 2x8gb
motherboard-msi mag b550 tomahawk am4
generic 450 watt power supply cant remember the name
any help is appreciated, ive got a new power supply on the way but itll be another week and im just wondering if i can use the new gpu in the meantime
ive used a few wattage calculators but i thought id ask the experts just to err on the side of caution
Well, you're gonna be walking the very edge. And if you push your components to max usage, you might have problems. So I'd suggest not to play heavy games or do any heavy stuff while you're waiting for the new PSU

Reactions: jay32267

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, can't recommend it without better information. If this is truly a generic power supply, it's unlikely it's anywhere near a 450W power supply in any real sense, in which case it's a hard no.

We can give you a better answer with better information. You essentially left out the only important information that can answer your question!

Reactions: Prad_Bitt