[SOLVED] Is 450w 80+ powerstation psu is ok for rx 580gb stock

Oct 15, 2019
I have a question that is 450w 80+ PSU is okay with following specs:
I7 3770 (stock)
Rx 580 8gb (stock)
8gb ram 1600mhz
1tb HDD
H61
I know this is not enough but can I run my pc peacefully with this PSU on both CPU and GPU stock kindly help me and also I checked the consumption in watts of CPU and GPU through MSI after burner was around 300w max.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Most Enermax are at least decent, but a lot of them tend to be older.

I'd look at the SeaSonic S12II and M12II. They're not amazing PSUs by any stretch and they're an older design, but compared to these weird junk-tier PSUs, they're much preferable.
The CPU and GPU are 77W and 185W......so I think your whole system should run on 450 real watts.

The thing is....if that's not a good quality PSU....you aren't going to get 450 real watts.....and also....if it's not a quality PSU.....you have a greater risk of PSU failure....and that's bad for everything.

Oct 15, 2019
The CPU and GPU are 77W and 185W......so I think your whole system should run on 450 real watts.

The thing is....if that's not a good quality PSU....you aren't going to get 450 real watts.....and also....if it's not a quality PSU.....you have a greater risk of PSU failure....and that's bad for everything.
I can pic of the PSU here can u check it?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would not trust that power supply at all. It calls itself 450W, but the label states a 350W limit on the 12V rail. I've also never heard of that brand, and wouldn't trust it. 350W would be questionable even if it were of high quality, and I am nearly positive it is not.

Take a look at the link in my signature - that should give you an idea of which brands/models to look for, as far as power supplies go. The power supply is what the rest of the system depends on, and you do not want to risk damaging your expensive PC components with a poor-quality PSU.

What country are you in? Depending on location, the availability of some of the better PSUs may be limited, but there might be people on these forums who are familiar with your region.

Oct 15, 2019
I would not trust that power supply at all. It calls itself 450W, but the label states a 350W limit on the 12V rail. I've also never heard of that brand, and wouldn't trust it. 350W would be questionable even if it were of high quality, and I am nearly positive it is not.

Take a look at the link in my signature - that should give you an idea of which brands/models to look for, as far as power supplies go. The power supply is what the rest of the system depends on, and you do not want to risk damaging your expensive PC components with a poor-quality PSU.

What country are you in? Depending on location, the availability of some of the better PSUs may be limited, but there might be people on these forums who are familiar with your region.
I live in Pakistan can u suggest good PSU here?

DSzymborski

Titan
Most Enermax are at least decent, but a lot of them tend to be older.

I'd look at the SeaSonic S12II and M12II. They're not amazing PSUs by any stretch and they're an older design, but compared to these weird junk-tier PSUs, they're much preferable.

Reactions: King_V
Solution

The S12II and M12II are better than some people give them credit for. I still think they have the best build quality, heat tolerance, reliability, and ripple suppression, in the under $70 category. The only other budget psu that I would even consider over them is the Corsair CX, which is also excellent.