[SOLVED] Is 450w enough for Ryzen5 2600 and Gtx 1660ti?

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
So i have a Ryzen 5 2600 paired with a gt 1030 right now. I was planning to upgrade the gpu in a couple of months. I was wondering is 450w psu enough to power both the components? Note that i'm not planning to overclock anything .
Here are the full specs if that helps-

Ryzen 5 2600
Gt 1030 (current)
16gb 3000mhz ram
Msi b450 Tomahawk mobo
Cooler Master MWE 450w psu

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is it just the standard MWE? Not Bronze for example?
Also how old is the PSU?

Remember that quantity of wattage is useless without quality. And the generic MWE are poor quality PSUs. Even worse if you've had it a few years.
The 1660 Ti can run on a typical good quality 450W. So yes you could, but I would upgrade the PSU to just a good quality one when you can.

Just see point 1 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
Is it just the standard MWE? Not Bronze for example?
Also how old is the PSU?

Remember that quantity of wattage is useless without quality. And the generic MWE are poor quality PSUs. Even worse if you've had it a few years.
The 1660 Ti can run on a typical good quality 450W. So yes you could, but I would upgrade the PSU to just a good quality one when you can.

Just see point 1 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/
Standard MWE i think and the psu is 7 months old right now.

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
if it works use it as long as its works no its not the best but it wont damage your Components.
you will be at max 300 w on load.
People say that u should never cheap out on psu and i didnt knew that when i built this system i get that now. But how are you so sure that it will not damage my system?

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
i read some Reviews on this psu and they seem to be one of the units that is considerd ok but not good.
next time go for any be quiet 400 w and up or corsair cx series .

from this site

Last edited:

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
i read some Reviews on this psu and they seem to be one of the units that is considerd ok but not good.
next time go for any be quiet 400 w and up or corsair cx series .

from this site
oh ok gotcha i just stress tested my cpu for 2 mins and the max wattage i saw on my cpu was 75.429. I dont overclock anything but this seems to be quite ok. And from next time i will go for a better psu or if this 1 starts causing trouble i'll upgrade it to one of ur suggested ones.

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
if you get the corsair cx series make sure it has the grey label on it. a step up would be the tx series. Be quiet is also good quality.
I was originally gonna get a corsair one but my friend suggest cooler master said it's efficiency is a little better . I will keep in mind what u suggested me thx ^^ .