Question Is 4C/8T cpu is good for streaming and gaming with Rx 570

May 24, 2019
I am planning to buy a streaming and gaming pc my budget is super tight is a ryzen 3 is enough for gaming and steaming i am using Rx 570

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Yes i am planning to stream too on the same pc

Your question is a good one.

But I think you will run into issues with streaming your games with those settings because of your CPU’s lower thread count of four. I don’t think you will reach an average FPS of 50-60 consistently.

But, let’s wait for other posters to chime in in regards to that question.

If they agree with me, then your next logical thing to do would be to upgrade to a CPU with more threads.

I can say for sure that your GPU will not be the problem.

And gaming without streaming will not be an issue for you.

Do you have at least 8GB of RAM?

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Sorry I was wrong I thought ryzen 3 has 8 threads but if I use ryzen 5 1600 will it be future proof.

The Ryzen 5 1600 will be much better for games while streaming. In fact, I think you will be happy with that setup.

As for being future proof, I personally would get something with sixteen threads. Modern games are using more and more threads.

Just because of your specific requirement, you are better off with a 1600(X)/2600(X) or 1700(X)/2700(X). Streaming is really good at taxing CPUs (if you use software encoder; also this is the recommended anyway for best quality) and if you want to keep good FPS consistency and not get a choppy streaming experience.

You will also need a lot of RAM; if you can aim for 16GB, it would be best.

I also don't believe Intel has anything in those price ranges that can suit your specific need well enough.

A caveat would be getting a 6 core Intel (i5-something) and overclocking it, but the whole platform would be really expensive and you may still under-perform in your specific use case scenario. The jump to 8 core Intels is big, so would remove your purchase capability for a better GPU or more RAM. Not a good thing.

Cheers!

Reactions: davew1860
May 25, 2019
cpu doesn't matter as much tbh I have a Ryzen 3 2200G APU and have just bought an RX 580 Armour OC 8GB GPU for £170 it was £450 but retailers have dramatically dropped the price so I think you'd be better getting one of those the Ryzen 3 APU does bottleneck the gpu by 15%

but it doesn't matter too much i'm waiting till june cause theres rumours of a Ryzen 7 APU with Vega 12 graphics and I think if it's true and it is considerably better than vega 11 then I'll be getting that instead of a ryzen 3700x cpu

wait till the keynote tomorrow on the 27th at computex they are gonna announce a new flagship motherboard by biostar that uses PCI express 4 chipset lanes that has less of the issues seen with current AM4 motherboards that prevented them from having more cores in their processors!