[SOLVED] Is 50-55 degrees good for CPU?

sapins23

Reputable
Feb 11, 2018
I just bought a new cooler and im getting 50-55 degrees Celsius when CPU is running at 100% load in Cinebench benchmark. Is that temp good or bad?

Solution
Have you applied a Cooling paste to the cooler?
50-55 is a fine temperature when you are playing games and benchmarks, but you need to check it when it has no load too.
These components have a large amount of power flowing through them, so high temperatures are not unexpected anymore, and unless you are using water-cooling or some more exotic method to cool, 40-60 degrees can be expected.
Most Motherboards go into alert when the temperature gets to around 65+ but 75 is generally an auto throttle or shutdown temp.
The Bigger the CPU/ using Intel can run hotter than AMD, but if you are using a Graphics solution that is integrated on the chip, it can get hot fast.
But Make sure that the Thermal paste is applied to help power dissipation...

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012
50-55 is a fine temperature when you are playing games and benchmarks, but you need to check it when it has no load too.
These components have a large amount of power flowing through them, so high temperatures are not unexpected anymore, and unless you are using water-cooling or some more exotic method to cool, 40-60 degrees can be expected.
Most Motherboards go into alert when the temperature gets to around 65+ but 75 is generally an auto throttle or shutdown temp.
The Bigger the CPU/ using Intel can run hotter than AMD, but if you are using a Graphics solution that is integrated on the chip, it can get hot fast.
But Make sure that the Thermal paste is applied to help power dissipation, that helps!

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

But Make sure that the Thermal paste is applied to help power dissipation, that helps!
Disagree. If during games/benchmarks the temperature is under control, idle temp is irrelevant.

50-55C is a great temperature for Cinebench. Don't stress it.

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012
Disagree. If during games/benchmarks the temperature is under control, idle temp is irrelevant.

50-55C is a great temperature for Cinebench. Don't stress it.

disagree or agree, I care not. If you are changing your computer parts often, then it is no worry, but my PCs are any where from 15 to 6 years old, and I run them perfectly well as I look after them. I don't need the bells and whistles. So if like me you plan to have a long term system, the cooler you get the longer it lasts.

Cinebench and games make up a portion of use, but it is also near idle when you are browsing and doing other light tasks like writing personal opinion on Toms hardware.

My Point is relevant to users like me... yours maybe relevant if you change your system often.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Again, if temperatures during load are fine, idle temps do not matter in the slightest, objectively.