[SOLVED] Is 500GB enough?

kiwis

Reputable
Dec 30, 2019
So with my new build, I'm wondering is a 500GB NVMe SSD will be large enough, the 1TB cards/disks are too expensive but I could go to a 1TB 2.5" SSD.

I'll have Windows 10 plus maybe 5-6 games.

I've currently got "304GB free of 930GB"... not really sure where the other space to taken.

If I do go with 500GB of NVMe I'll get a 1 or 2TB 2.5" SSD or even use my current 1TB 3.5" HDD for games and storage.

Solution
You're good for a 500GB NVMe SSD, provided the board you're looking at can accept it. I would however like to stress that if you're on Steam that maybe having the game library on a separate SSD sans partitions would be optimal for any gamer. It prevents you from reinstalling the games. It also prevents you from creating partitions on an SSD since that would degrade the performance of an SSD.

Lutfij

Titan
You're good for a 500GB NVMe SSD, provided the board you're looking at can accept it. I would however like to stress that if you're on Steam that maybe having the game library on a separate SSD sans partitions would be optimal for any gamer. It prevents you from reinstalling the games. It also prevents you from creating partitions on an SSD since that would degrade the performance of an SSD.

Solution