WD Green 240gb m.2 ssd
WD Blue 1tb hdd

Rakk gaming keyboard
Rakk gaming mouse
Bluetooth USB adapter
Redragon Scylla headphones
cheap chinese speakers

Solution
Possibly, you will be sadder pc boy, when I tell you that Aerocool sells some of the absolute worst, junk quality power supplies of any of the known name brand companies. Honestly, most of their units are more along the lines of generic no name PSU quality inside, with nice paint jobs on the outside and sometimes also fancy colored fans.

Since there are no professional reputable reviews of that unit, I can't give you absolute facts on how bad it is, but the fact that there AREN'T any professional reviews is all the evidence anybody needs to avoid that series, or if they have it already, replace it.

And you really want a SOLID high quality 550w unit for use with the RX 580.

You can find some guidance on recommended models here...
PSU: Aerocool Rave 500w 80+

Ryzen 5 3600
B450 Mortar Max
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb 3200mhz
Asus Rx 580 8gb Dual OC
WD Green 240gb m.2 ssd
WD Blue 1tb hdd

Rakk gaming keyboard
Rakk gaming mouse
Bluetooth USB adapter
Redragon Scylla headphones
cheap chinese speakers
I don't think so. is that your old PSU ? PSUs of that rang deliver safely much less than advertised. A good make and model 550 - 650W should be optimal.

Possibly, you will be sadder pc boy, when I tell you that Aerocool sells some of the absolute worst, junk quality power supplies of any of the known name brand companies. Honestly, most of their units are more along the lines of generic no name PSU quality inside, with nice paint jobs on the outside and sometimes also fancy colored fans.

Since there are no professional reputable reviews of that unit, I can't give you absolute facts on how bad it is, but the fact that there AREN'T any professional reviews is all the evidence anybody needs to avoid that series, or if they have it already, replace it.

You can find some guidance on recommended models here:

Solution

sad pc boy

Prominent
May 1, 2020

THANK YOU SIR 😁😁

He'd be much sadder when it burns his new HW.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's a Rice Crispy unit. Mid game all you'll hear is 'snap-crackle-POP'. And it's not a question of 'if' but a question of 'when'.

Aerocool doesn't have any bad units, that'd be a step up from the psu shaped miserable trash that they are.

Otherwise it's not a bad build at all, it'll do 1080p quite nicely.

sad pc boy

Prominent
May 1, 2020

Hello sir, I have another question, would this be okay for my PC?

Seasonic s12 III 520 WATTS BRONZE MODULAR ATX PSU

sad pc boy

Prominent
May 1, 2020
That's a Rice Crispy unit. Mid game all you'll hear is 'snap-crackle-POP'. And it's not a question of 'if' but a question of 'when'.

Aerocool doesn't have any bad units, that'd be a step up from the psu shaped miserable trash that they are.

Aerocool doesn't have

Would this be good sir?

OR

SEASONIC S12 III 650WATTS 80+ BRONZE POWER SUPPLY

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020

There's no such thing. Judging by 520W that's likely Seasonic S12II, very old unit with group regulated secondary topology. Seasonic S12III is independent regulated PSU but it's fairly low quality unit by itself, do you have any other options ? Seasonic M12II 750W perhaps ? Maybe Corsair CX450\550W ? Smth else ? Give some links to store where you're buying from.

The S12III units are built for Seasonic by a lower end third party manufacturer, and are not very good. I would avoid them. It is one of FEW Seasonic models that I'd wholeheartedly say to avoid, but unfortunately, it is one.

If you read my guide on selecting a power supply which I linked earlier, you would already know that. Plus, there are no S12III 520w units. Those are S12II units, and are completely different, and much older platform.

What country are you in and where can you purchase a power supply from online or are you limited to local shops?

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
That whole roman numeral 2 (good but old design) vs the roman numeral 3 (the bad one) seems almost meant to deliberately confuse. :(

What if i tell you that there's also Seasonic S12II EVO (same platform as S12III), Seasonic M12II and M12II Evo X20W (same old group. reg. platform as on S12II) and M12II / M12II Evo X50W (good, modern DC-DC platform) ?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
M12II is a good, but old platform.
S12II is a good, but old platform. I'm not sure, but I don't believe it's the same as the M12, though I don't know if it's related to it in any way or not.
S12III is a different platform, not actually made by Seasonic, and should be avoided.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
M12II is a good, but old platform.
S12II is a good, but old platform.

Again, it's group regulated which is not good for pretty much any modern build if it's not APU based regardless of build quality of PSU as a whole

I'm not sure, but I don't believe it's the same as the M12

It is, but as i said, there's two kinds of M12II, *20W group regulated ones using platform of S12II and *50W DC-DC ones with modern LLC resonant topology, smth alike to Seasonic G / S12G but not quite.

S12III is a different platform, not actually made by Seasonic, and should be avoided.

What if say that if it has a Seasonic label on it then it is 'made' by Seasonic ? I.e Seasonic accepted this unit under their label, it passes Seasonic QC apparently, they think it's good enough to put their label on it... Yes, it's technically made by RSY and design appears to be close to ATNG AG-316, LLC resonant primary, Double Mag Amp secondary topology, but it's a very budget PSU. It's not bad, just cheap and performance isn't great. If smth made by Seasonic doesn't make that automatically good neither if smth made not by Seasonic makes that automatically bad, but enough off topic.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I never made any claim that any brand is automatically good or bad. Seasonic DOES come close, though.

I rely on experts who can look at this stuff and give an analysis.

I don't know why you're trying to argue semantics. Click on the first link in my sig and read the Seasonic section. Argue with that if you wish.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
You wouldn't be telling us anything we didn't already know.

Eh ? I wasn't replying to you, the person who i were replying to clearly didn't know that M12II series is not coherent and initially i just were continuing their point of all those S12II,S12III series being confusing adding that there are also S12II Evo, M12II and M12II Evo. What's your point here anyway ?

You said:

What if i tell you that there's also Seasonic S12II EVO (same platform as S12III), Seasonic M12II and M12II Evo X20W (same old group. reg. platform as on S12II) and M12II / M12II Evo X50W (good, modern DC-DC platform) ?

And I said, you wouldn't be telling us anything we didn't already know. I think it's pretty clear. I don't see much of any way that could be confusing. I assure you, King_V is familiar with the S12II and S12III units as we've had lengthy conversations regarding them in the PSU discussion thread. Anyhow, doesn't really matter. It's getting too far off topic so let's stick to the subject material as it pertains to the OP's questions. Thanks.

Reactions: King_V