[SOLVED] Is 550w PSU enough

Jun 28, 2020
Hi guys I have listed the specs below for my pc on a RM-550X 80+ Gold
Mobo - Asrock B450m Steel Legends
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler - CM 240L
GPU - Zotac 2070 Super Mini (is oc'd to 2080 Clock)
Ram - G.Skill Trident Z Cl16 3600 4x8gb
NVME - 250GB
HDD-Firecuda 2tb SSHD
A Fan Hub Using 4 120mm Fans from Leddess and 2 Led Strips

Last edited:
Solution
Hey there,

Well, you certainly have a good PSU. It's the min wattage recommended for a RTX2070. With that said, unless you are going to try overclock CPU/GPU then i wouldn't imagine you'd get close to 550w full draw. So you would be fine.

If overclocking, maybe consider a 650w which gives some headroom.

For PSU's, I like to go with about 20% more power than the system requires to allow for additional hardware, or OC'ing, which I enjoy.
Hey there,

Well, you certainly have a good PSU. It's the min wattage recommended for a RTX2070. With that said, unless you are going to try overclock CPU/GPU then i wouldn't imagine you'd get close to 550w full draw. So you would be fine.

For PSU's, I like to go with about 20% more power than the system requires to allow for additional hardware, or OC'ing, which I enjoy.

Reactions: Shuyeong
Solution
Jun 28, 2020
Hey there,

sorry i forgot to mention there is a oc on the gpu which is +103 clock speed