Question Is 58°C correct for an EVGA GTX 1080TI at full load?

DogNamedNibbles

Prominent
Mar 24, 2021
So I just got this GTX 1080 TI, and have benchmarked it, tested it, etc. but one thing I'm gobsmacked over, is that while under full load, my GPU's temp ranges around 58°C while under full load, this is with the stock cooler it comes with, It's an EVGA make. I'm just surprised how low it is, and whether or not this may be a fault, as it only drops about 10°C when idle, which seems off. I do have the fans curve set to aggresive, but even at max, they run at 80% at most.

Could this be a fault with the temp detector on the GPU? or is this card seriously that good at cooling? I've checked the clock speeds, and they seem to be set to the usual values, and the benchmarks show that too.

It's uncommon the temp sensor to be problematic.
1080 Ti is a big one.... are you sure your PC is able to utilize it ?
If it's not close to 95-99% Load in games ....either the game you play is not optimized well or there is a big bottleneck with your system, and your system is not able to utilize it.
What is the rest of the system.

Reactions: Dj0gany

Joel_228

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
As Vyrvelata said you would definitely need to see what the GPU usage is. If you're usage is low then the temp will not rise all that much as it will pull less power.
GPU usage is a critical piece of data to figure this out. 58C is definitely lower than I would expect if the card is being fully utilized.

Reactions: Dj0gany

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, if you need one to compare to...
<-
Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC
Cooler Master H500P Mesh
A hot summer day sees like 25-27C in my room... fans at 100%*... under loads, it never saw over 63C.
[No reason not to run the fans that fast since I wouldn't hear them while they were in use anyway.]

Later put a Kraken G12 + Celsius S36 on it... now it never sees over 40C.

Yours doesn't sound broken to me.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
<-
Cooler Master H500P Mesh
A hot summer day sees like 25-27C in my room... fans at 100%*... under loads, it never saw over 63C.
[No reason not to run the fans that fast since I wouldn't hear them while they were in use anyway.]

Impressive. Even under water my GTX1080 still hits 55C+ after the radiators have warmed up , though it is a full cover and shares with the CPU. (2x280mm)

DogNamedNibbles

Prominent
Mar 24, 2021
It's uncommon the temp sensor to be problematic.
1080 Ti is a big one.... are you sure your PC is able to utilize it ?
If it's not close to 95-99% Load in games ....either the game you play is not optimized well or there is a big bottleneck with your system, and your system is not able to utilize it.
What is the rest of the system.
Yeah it does, my the GPU hits onwards of 90% in more demanding games, and even then it's only 1°C or 2°C above this. Not to mention that it's in a case with not the best cooling.

DogNamedNibbles

Prominent
Mar 24, 2021
<-
Cooler Master H500P Mesh

Ohh wow, so it's just the cooler types on these cards. I am also surprised that a GIGABYTE has such a good cooler too, I always thought of GIGABYTE as decent cards, but <Mod Edit> coolers. Cheers mate.

Last edited by a moderator: