[SOLVED] Is 59oC for CPU & GPU ok whilst gaming ?

malibu200786

Commendable
May 2, 2018
So I've just built this for the kids mainly to play on here's the specs
Ryzen 5 2600 stock cooler
MSI b450m mortar max
Corsair 16gb ram 3200
MSI 1660 super ventus OC
700w psu
Game max Black hole case

When Fortnite was being played for around an hour yesterday it felt like really hot air was being blown from the exhaust fan .
I checked the temps and they said 59oC max 60oC for both CPU and GPU .
This was with vsync off , do I need get better cooling ?

Solution
60c for any gpu while gaming is an absolutely excellent temperature.

60c with a ryzen stock cooler is also excellent and pretty much unheard of - most people sit at 70c or higher with a ryzen stock cooler.

You are actually worrying about nothing.

A fan in the bottom will barely help if at all and it will likely be irritatingly noisy.

That case has 2 x 200mm front intakes, you absolutely do not need anymore, 200mm fans push a huge amount of air !!
So I've just built this for the kids mainly to play on here's the specs
Ryzen 5 2600 stock cooler
MSI b450m mortar max
Corsair 16gb ram 3200
MSI 1660 super ventus OC
700w psu
Game max Black hole case

When Fortnite was being played for around an hour yesterday it felt like really hot air was being blown from the exhaust fan .
I checked the temps and they said 59oC max 60oC for both CPU and GPU .
This was with vsync off , do I need get better cooling ?
If hot air is being blown that's a good sign it means heat is being taken away from your components. 60° is nothing lol. Concern should be above 80

malibu200786

Commendable
May 2, 2018
Thanks for the replies . So should I not bother getting anymore fans ?
I was thinking of getting 2 120/140 mm at the bottom of the case pointing upwards towards the graphics card and motherboard etc . But would that mess the graphics card fans up ?

malibu200786

Commendable
May 2, 2018
It's already got a top rear exhaust fan it came with that .
I didn't read if it supported fans at the bottom tell you truth . But the bottom has a vented plate where the psu goes under it , and it runs nearly the full length of the case , I was thinking about putting 2 fans on that putting nut and bolt through the holes .
But then I worry about the fans blowing too hard onto the graphics card fans .

60c for any gpu while gaming is an absolutely excellent temperature.

60c with a ryzen stock cooler is also excellent and pretty much unheard of - most people sit at 70c or higher with a ryzen stock cooler.

You are actually worrying about nothing.

A fan in the bottom will barely help if at all and it will likely be irritatingly noisy.

That case has 2 x 200mm front intakes, you absolutely do not need anymore, 200mm fans push a huge amount of air !!

Solution

malibu200786

Commendable
May 2, 2018
I was worried about the glass panel at the front , that's why I almost went for the mesh panel one instead .
It has vents at either side of the case where the fans are which run the full height of the case . It must be pulling enough air through because you can deffo feel the air coming from them inside the case .